What you MUST do BEFORE your Thanksgiving break…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Thanksgiving is approaching and many of us are excited. We can’t wait to go home and see our families, get that well deserved mini vacation and indulge in that mouthwatering banquet.

Most of us are probably rushing through the week, trying to get everything together before the holidays and hoping to steer clear of any inconveniences. But there is just so much to do lately, especially with finals oncoming that is almost impossible to get everything done before our long awaited holidays.

Believe me when I say I know there are a ton of things you want to do for thanksgiving, and that at the same time you are feeling suffocated with work. To solve this problem you need to be extra careful and organized this week. For that we have created a list of quick tips to follow before Thanksgiving.

# 1 GET RID OF HOMEWORK

I know there is probably a lot on your dish right now, but if you want that turkey you got to work extra hard. This is not a week for procrastination or petty excuses. The more homework you get out of the way, the more free time you are going to have, and the fewer books you are going to have to carry around.

You know you don’t want to spend Thanksgiving doing your math homework.

# 2 KEEP ORGANIZED

Lists are a great idea whenever you are trying to reach a deadline. They keep you organized and on track. You can make lists for about any task to help you concentrate in what you have to do this week.

Make a list for the time you are going to spend doing homework and studying for each subject; and if you have to go somewhere for the holidays, you can make a list about the things you want to take with you. That way you will know exactly how much time it will take to get everything together, and you won’t feel like you need to sacrifice Thanksgiving for the sake of an A.

# 3 PLAN TO HAVE FUN!

The most important thing after getting the work out of the way is having fun! You know you want to do a lot of things in Thanksgiving: reuniting with the family, meeting with your friends, going out to the movies to watch Catching Fire. There are endless possibilities, and you should be happy thinking about it. But if instead you’re stressing out thinking about how to do everything at once, then you need to do some serious planning.

Make a schedule. You don’t have to follow it tightly or overthink about it. Let it be flexible and keep in mind that it is only an idea for what you could do. You can change it any time, rewrite it, adjust it, and play with it until you are satisfied. Remember your goal is to have fun! 

Nathalie Fleitas is a marketing major and an English minor at Florida International University. She a words' enthusiast, a bookworm, and she gets overly attached with fictional characters. She likes making up stories about anything that she can imagine and later write it on paper. But overall, she hopes she can one day write something that will inspire millions of people.