sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What We Can Learn From Walt Disney

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Every kid’s dream is to go to the happiest place on earth and live the magic for themselves. Who says that the feeling stops once you grow up?

Walt Disney once said “Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever.” Just goes to show that anyone can feel the magic that Disney has created with his brand. Disney has managed to create an environment where people could go and escape their reality and live in the moment. A place full of happiness, wonder and an overall paradise. It has also become a place where the impossible is possible if you just believe in yourself, and a little bit of magic of course. It just makes you think, what if Walt Disney would have given up on his dream of creating Mickey Mouse? Disney World may have still been in existence but it would not be the same as it is now.

We can learn a few things from the innovative animator himself. We sometimes forget the face behind the magic of the characters we know and love. All the long hours and rejections Disney had to overcome to have the successful empire that people keep coming back to time and time again. Three of these inspirational quotes people should follow for themselves are:

1. “Why worry? If you’ve done the very best you can, worrying won’t make it any better.”
  2. “All your dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.”
  3. “The greatest moments in life are not concerned with selfish achievements but rather with the things we do for the people we love and esteem.”

Reading them to yourself they sound pretty simple and easy to follow, but do we follow the advice for ourselves? Take the time to think about Walt Disney and what you would have done if you were in his shoes. Would you have given up or kept going to follow your dream? Once you decide what you would have done if you were him, do the same for yourself. The first step is believing in yourself before others can see it in you. You carry the same magic that Disney had, it’s up to you to decide what you are going to do with it.

Cover Photo Source