“A picture of the cast of the tv show Friends. “
Original photo by Amanda Treto

What I Loved About “The Friends Experience” In Aventura Mall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.
Original photo by Amanda Treto

Whenever people start to feel nostalgic and start to reflect on some of their old favorite TV shows that they used to watch, there is no surprise that the old 1994 sitcom TV show “Friends’ is one very common answer that comes to people’s minds. Starring Jennifer Aniston, Matthew Perry, Courtney Cox, Matt LeBlanc, Lisa Kudrow, and David Schwimmer, the TV show Friends is a show that was highly enjoyed by many and that many people reminisce on today.

The show followed the theme of following the life journey of 6 friends: Rachel, Ross, Chandler, Monica, Joey, and Phoebe as they navigated through many different aspects of life from relationships, friendships, and other themes of life. Many people fell in love with the genuine authenticity of the show and the amount of chemistry that went on between all the characters. Many years later, you still see people today watching reruns of their favorite episodes from the show and buying their merch. 

The Friends Experience is an interactive immersive event where fans get to go and get the chance to be able to take photos with replicas of the same props that were used in the show and get the chance to pretend that they are part of the TV show. There is even a shop where they get to go and buy some really cute and exclusive friends’ merchandise. The Friends Experience has been known for existing in only limited places such as in New York and Chicago. 

Recently, the Friends Experience was brought to Miami in Aventura Mall. As a huge lover of Friends, I was so excited to hear about this opportunity to be able to go and experience this event and immerse myself in the world of Friends. I was especially super excited to be able to take advantage of all of the cute photo ops there would be and get to be able to experience what it would be like to take pictures with replicas of some of the most iconic things of the show like in Monica’s kitchen and the Central Perk cafe. 

I had high expectations of what the experience would be like before I went because I felt that if “the Friends Experience” was being advertised and made as a way to replicate such an iconic show like “Friends” I felt like there was a certain hype and expectation that this experience should meet up to. 

From the moment I walked into the event my mind was blown by how amazing it was and how much it was that the event exceeded my expectations. There were super cute real-life props that were from the show in glass boxes and exclusive sketches and scripts from some of the episodes there from the directors and producers of the show. They even recreated some scenes from the show like Joey and Chandler’s apartment, the Pivot Couch scene, and so much more. My favorite recreated scene was Monica’s kitchen. It was so cute how they made it look exactly like how it looked in the show and I got to be able to take pictures there. Another one of my favorite recreated scenes was the scene where Phoebe goes outside the Central Perk cafe and starts singing outside with her guitar. 

Overall, it was an amazing event and I got to get my photo taken from people with professional cameras because of the digital photo package I had bought. I was even able to get some 8 by 10 printed photo prints with the cute Friends logo on the bottom. I also got to buy some really cute merch at the little shop at the end of the experience. I completely 100 percent recommend this event to everyone! It is so cute and fun and super enriching for real fanatic Friends fans. You even get to keep some very cute aesthetic photos at the end of the day and reflect on that wonderful experience you had of feeling what it was like to be part of the Friends world and relive some of your favorite TV show memories. 

My rating:

– 5 stars out of 5!  

-100% rotten tomatoes!

Hi my name is Amanda! I am a PRACC major and my career goal is to become a content creator marketer or a brand manager for an agency. Some of my hobbies are I love to design, paint, read and write. I also love listening to music, watching movies, and hanging out with my friends! 💗