This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Listen up, you hard worker. Take this time to pause and breathe for a second. It’s common to get caught up as a college student in only studying, working, exercising and repeat. You prioritize in making time to study and making time for work because you want to graduate on time and you want to make money on the side to save up for the future. Also, you want to make enough money to buy yourself nice stuff every now and then. Besides being super busy as it is, you want to have a healthy lifestyle and incorporate fitness into your daily life. It’s understandable. It’s the normal thing to do in college and as an adult in general. It’s very important to be financially stable because, one,  you are able to pay all your bills on time and two, you have a peace of mind. Sadly, that’s what people mostly put their time towards and they get carried away in only making money and working more hours that at the end of the day, they are barely enjoying the sweet things in life.

Something that is so valuable and something people can’t get back is time. Time is something so important in all aspects. So yes, “time is money” and everyone should go ahead and accomplish their goals, go ahead and get good grades in their classes, get that job they’ve always wanted once they graduate. All those things are a part of life. Good grades equal passing your classes which equal to graduating and starting your career but, in the meantime, it’s important to make time to do the things you love and leave time in your week to spend it with those you love as well.

Doing the things you love can give you time to unwind from the stress school and work can bring. Hanging out with loved ones can make your heart happy and put you in a good mood. After a long stressful day, those people you care about the most are there to listen to how your day went. Family will always be there for you throughout it all. Spend time with them, tell them you love them and continue making memories with your loved ones! It’s good for the soul. Make sure to hang out with your best friends even if it’s to go and get coffee or lunch. The point is, why work so hard and not enjoy the things you work so hard for?

It’s important to have a good balance in life and actually live your life. It’s okay to take a break every now and then, don’t feel guilty. A day of work and school is EXHAUSTING but, you have to encourage yourself to go out with family and friends on the weekend! So, remember, keep working hard and accomplishing all your goals, plan out your workout days accordingly, arrange your studying and homework time so you don’t get overwhelmed and lastly, make time to make meaningful memories. It’s all about time management and getting yourself organized. 

Mariangel Diaz is currently a junior at Florida International University and a staff writer for Her Campus. Her passion for writing is immense and she writes articles about based on what inspires her and what takes her on an adventure. She attended Saint Brendan Catholic High School where she was apart of the schools campus ministry, where she had to write and prepare talks for her peers. That's where she grew the courage to talk in front of others and where she was able to practice her writing skills when it came to putting a speech together. At the high school, she was also on the dance team. She has been dancing since she was four years old and currently is a dance instructor where she gets to expand on her other creative side which is, choreographing. Mariangel loves all things that involve creativity and is eager to inspire, guide and give tips to readers! Stay tuned for upcoming articles!