This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Have you ever wanted perfectly shaped eyebrows? If you are anything like me doing my eyebrows before I go out has always been a drag, I never get them even or my shading color is off. The average woman takes a approximately 335 hours a year getting ready in the morning.

Stress no more, there is a new beauty technique to shorten your getting ready time and give you the perfect “Olivia Culpo” brows.

Micro-blading is a new beauty technique that can give us perfect eyebrows all the time with just two sessions. Take the advice from someone who was hesitant to do this and now I am so glad I did! There is three simple things you need to know, the cost, process and the after care.

Photo of during the process

Cost: We all know looking beautiful cost a little more than we expect, but at the end it is always worth it. Depending on where you go to get your eyebrows micro-bladed, prices shouldn’t go any lower than $120 if you want them to look good and want a trusted artist. Don’t be hesitant with the price, remember this is a semi-permanent process done to your face.

Pricing should be around $120-$350. If you can’t afford so much at once always ask if they have a payment plan.

Process: those who don’t know what micro-blading even is, it’s a semi-permanent process done to your eyebrows to fill in all the holes we have in our brows or even design a new shape for the women who have little to no hair in their brows. Don’t get it confused with a tattoo, micro-blading only penetrates the first layer of our skin. The artist uses a sterile blade with nine micro needles to give you the look of real hair.

There is that frequently asked question… does it hurt? I wouldn’t say it hurts because they do put numbing cream for 30 minutes before they start to design the brows, but you are likely to feel a pinch. Pain is also very hard to describe because everyone has a different pain tolerance.

Beauty is pain!

Me right after the process

So, after they clean off the numbing cream the artist will start measuring your eyebrows and then they draw them almost nearly identical and this is where you can always suggest a shape or a different style you want on your brows. (Never be shy to ask questions) After that they clean up your brows, plucking any unwanted hair. The actual micro-blading process is pretty quick, they start to slowly do the hair strokes with the color tint that matches you best and in around 20 minutes you are set to go!

After care: Right after they are done with your brows you might feel a little sting and you might see redness around your brows that’s totally normal. The brow artist might put some cream on your brows, so they stay hydrated. Depends on where you go they will tell you the best way to care for your brows. Caring for your brows after the process is extremely important because for 7 to 10 days the skin is healing. If you see peeling that’s extremely normal. The standard care is not to wet your brows for 7 days and keep them hydrated with the gel the salon gives you, and use Bacitracin antibiotic cream to prevent any infections.  After the 7 days you can wash your face normally and your brows should look gorgeous. With time the pigment will get darker and more noticeable.

A couple of days after the healing process was done. 

This process is very challenging, depends on how your skin reacts you might peel and feel weird looking. This actually helped me with my self-esteem and I felt even more confident during the healing process.

Now, don’t forget that in 4 weeks you have to go back for a re-touch and do the same process again. The re-touch helps fix any strand of hair that didn’t catch the pigment as well and to perfect any little impurity on the brows.

Micro-blading last for a couple of years, depends on skin you might have to re-touch in a year.

After all of that you will have perfect beautiful eyebrows. You won’t have to get up earlier to do your brows before work.

I am so glad I did it! If you’re thinking about it, take the first step and go to a consultation!

coverphoto: http://www.facebeautyscience.com/microblading-eyebrow-shaping-mi/

Journalism student with a track in Broadcast Media at The School Of Communications & Journalism at Florida International University.  Josie is an ambitious Journalist with a passion to unfold the truth and inform the audience; she loves to write about fashion, lifestyle and current events.