This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Fall semester is in full effect! Meaning deadlines, constant studying, and homework. However, there comes a time in which you must have a “Treat yourself “ day because let’s face it, you deserve it. The best part is that this article is full of DIY’s that allow you to relax and unwind at home, without the overpriced spa price tag.

Feeling stressed?

One of the best things to relieve some tension is Lavender oil.  Just rub 1-2 drops of the oil into your temples, this will help alleviate and ease any headaches caused by stressed. If you’re looking for full body relaxation rub 1-2 drops onto your wrists and feet. 

Breaking out?

At home facial masks will be your best friend. Combining honey, lemon, and cinnamon works wonders on killing bacteria that could be causing your acne. All you need to do is follow the directions below, put on a good show or read a book and relax…

Ingredients:

• ½ teaspoon organic cinnamon
  • ½ nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon of raw honey
  • 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
  • Directions:
  • mix all of these ingredients together until there is a thick consistency
  • apply unto the face and let it sit for 30 minutes. (WARNING: you should feel a burning sensation for at least the first 5 minutes but it should wear off )
  • After time is up, rinse it off with warm water and moisturize!

Hair missing its shine?

Believe it or not, when you stress a lot, your hair can begin to lose its shine and even begin to fall out. Don’t freak out, this is very common amongst people. These hair masks should do the trick and give your hair the attention it needs!

If you’re looking to stimulate growth what you will need is:

• 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon of matcha green tea powder

mix all of these ingredients together and apply to your roots slowly working towards the end of your hair.  You want to leave this on for no more than 30 minutes and then proceed to shampooing your hair as usual 

If you’re looking for more shine and conditioning you will need:

• 1 egg
  • 1 cup of coconut milk
  • 1 one tablespoon of olive oil

Mix all of these ingredients together and pour over your scalp. Then you want to massage this mixture unto the ends of your hair. Leave on for 15-20 minutes before you shampoo your hair.

Finally your last step!

Although it sounds cheesy, do not forget to smile and laugh often. Laughing releases endorphins which then initiates and relieves your stress response. Don’t let your daily routine be all work and no play. It’s all about balance.

Best of luck,

K