This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

1. Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour and Movie

From concert friendship bracelets, one hot dancer, thousands of outfit changes, and surprise songs—Taylor put her whole heart into this tour. And with the way the movie of the tour is going crazy with all the swifties treating it like they’re in the concert is slightly chaotic but in the best way.

margot robbie and ryan gosling at the barbie premiere
Warner Bros

2. The Barbie Movie

Since it was announced that Barbie was getting a movie directed by Greta Gerwig, everyone’s been ready to throw their money at Warner and AMC for tickets. Forget about Oppenheimer. Everything about the Barbie movie was spectacular: the actors, the soundtrack, the merchandise. And the fact that this movie could not cover the marketing budget, but practically made billions at the global box office—it was no surprise, but what the world needed.

3. Haile Bailey in The Little Mermaid

I’m still singing “AS I WAIT FOR THE FIRST TIME, HERE FOR THE FIRST TIME–” and “I’M RIGHT HERE ON THE SHORLINE, I’M RIGHT WERE YOU LEFT MAAAYYYYYYY”. this movie also made millions in the box office and everyone was talking about it. Obviously, my favorite part is when Hailey Bailey sang Part Of Your World, but what definitely surprised me, and what lives in my head rent free, is Prince Eric’s ballad. And can we talk about the way this man was there to protect her from Ursula, even after finding out Ariel was a mermaid?

4. Lil Tay actually being alive

Personally, I didn’t believe she was dead for a second. The whole thing was shady and out of nowhere. Still, I was hoping it wasn’t true, and I’m glad it wasn’t. I was definitely surprised how she came back with new music and spilled everything on Instagram Live.

5. Beyonce’s Renaissance Tour

I’m still singing her riff to Drunken Love from when she was in Dubai, but her whole tour is filled with memorable moments: Blue Ivy and Meghan Thee Stallion performing alongside her mom, Kylie Jenner and Timothee Chalamet being spotted together (they’re actually together), people failing and committing to the mute challenge, and Beyonce singing Anthony Cosby Hyphen Knowles riff from Say My Name.

I'm a writer at HerCampus and a student at FIU majoring in marketing. When I’m not writing, I'm catching up with the latest pop culture news or going through my TBR (to-be-read) list :)