This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Miami is known for its art, culture, and nightlife. Why stay home when you can indulge in the many events Miami has to offer. Here are just a few fun and artsy outings you can plan with your friends and family. 

Laser Evenings at Frost 

Laser Evenings at the Frost Museum just got spooky. In honor of #SpookySeason, the Frost Planetarium will be having a Halloween Spooktacular themed laser show. The family-friendly laser show will consist of classic Halloween songs like Monster Mash, Ghostbusters, and Beetlejuice. 

Date: October 19, 2019, 7:00 p.m.

Location: Frost Planetarium, 1101 Biscayne Blvd Miami, FL 33132

Admission Price: Adult ($10), Child ($8

Link: Laser Evenings at Frost 

Luminosa Chinese Lantern Festival 

The Luminosa Chinese Lantern Festival has taken over Jungle Island. For 90-nights this festival of lights will highlight the spirit of Miami through 13 acres of illuminated paths and over one million LED lights. Enjoy this night time vibe with food and craft cocktails as you take a stroll through the lantern display masterpieces. 

Date: October 5, 2019 – January 8, 2020

Location: Jungle Island, 1111 Parrot Jungle Trail Miami, Florida 33132

Admission Price: *Special Online Price* Adult ($31.50), Child ($27

Link: Luminosa

ARTECHOUSE Miami

ARTECHOUSE Miami presents the immersive digital exhibition “Infinite Space” by artist Refik Anadol. This retrospective work of art “invites visitors to open their senses to the endless transformation and infinite possibilities at the intersection of man and machine.” Step into Anadol’s “Infinity Room” and immerse yourself in this groundbreaking art installation.

Date: October 5, 2019 – January 2020 

Location: ARTECHOUSE Miami, 736 Collins Avenue

Admission Price: Students & Seniors ($20), Adult ($24), Child ($17

Link: ARTECHOUSE 

Miami Beach Culture Crawl 

Among the several stops of the Miami Beach Culture Crawl is our very own FIU Miami Beach Urban Studios. Expect a night filled with tours of several art galleries, art exhibitions, and 3D print demonstrations. The Miami Beach Culture Crawl has a total of six destinations throughout the night, including outdoor film and live music events. For the full itinerary refer to the link below. 

Date: October 17, 2019

Location: Miami Beach Urban Studios, 420 Lincoln Road, Suite 440

Admission Price: FREE

Link: Culture Crawl

Yayoi Kusama Exhibit

Presented by ICA Miami artist Yayoi Kusama’s exhibit, “All the Eternal Love I Have for the Pumpkins,” will be showcased in an infinity mirror room. This captivating LED installation incorporates Kusama’s signature spotted pumpkins and draws on the themes of “infinity,” “the sublime,” and “obsessive repetition.” The exhibit is designed to hold one person at a time and experienced for approximately one minute. 

Date: October 12, 2019 – January 31, 2020

Location: Miami Design District

Admission Price: FREE on Thursdays, ($15) Timed Tickets Friday-Sunday 

Link: Yayoi Kusama

Culture Shock Miami 

Looking for other cultural and art-related events throughout Miami? You can find tickets for only $5 to a number of musical, theater, and dance performances, as well as admission to museums in the Miami area. 

Link: Culture Shock Miami

Allison is currently a Broadcast Media major at Florida International University. Passionate about writing and reporting, Allison aspires to one day work in a newsroom. She hopes to share her love for music, movies, fashion, and all things pop culture through her writing.