This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Although, we’ve had a rough past two years due to the COVID pandemic, restrictions are starting to ease up and we’ve slowly going back to normal. That being said, we can finally start traveling again! If you don’t know where you want to go first or if you don’t have any ideas on where to start, here are the top 5 cities in the U.S. you should visit.

1. San francisco, California

San Francisco is one of the most beautiful cities I’ve ever visited and should be at the top of your list. Despite its famous steep hills and twisted streets like Lombard Street, San Francisco is actually easy to get around. Its cable cars are beloved classics and are a great way to get around the city. Some notable landmarks worth visiting in San Francisco include Alcatraz, Fisherman’s Wharf, San Francisco Bay, Ghirardelli Square, and the iconic Golden Gate bridge.

2. boston, massachusetts

Being one of the oldest cities in the U.S., Boston definitely has its historic roots. Boston played a huge role in the American Revolution, and you can revisit some of the most notable landmarks in the Revolution by following the Freedom Trail, which takes you to 16 historic sites such as the Paul Revere House and the Boston Massacre site. While in Boston, you can visit historic landmarks, go to a Red Sox baseball game, visit the Samuel Adams Brewery, and much more.

3. key west, florida

Key West is known as the southernmost point in the U.S. as well as in Florida. It’s also famous for its historic sites and tropical beaches. In fact, Key West is home to the third largest barrier coral reef in the world, known as the Florida Straits. If you’re ever in need of a tropical getaway, Key West is the number one place you should go to!

4. washington D.C., Maryland

Everybody knows Washington, D.C. is our nation’s capital, but it’s so much more than that. Washington D.C. does have noteworthy government buildings like the White House and the Capitol Building, but it also has its beautiful cherry blossom trees and its museums. Washington D.C. is definitely the place to visit if you’re an American history fan or if you just want to explore the nation’s capital.

5. nEW York City, New york

Although, New York City is always included in a list of the best cities to visit in the United States, it’s there for a reason. NYC is a bustling city and it’s one that never sleeps. You can do so many things in this city that you’d need a weekend trip to really experience it for yourself. Some landmarks in NYC you can visit include the Statue of Liberty, Wall Street, Times Square, the Empire State Building, and so much more.

I hope you enjoyed this list of the top 5 cities in the U.S. you should visit! These cities are all beautiful in their own way and will definitely not disappoint!

Nicolle Hernandez is the Treasurer and Social Media Assistant at the Her Campus at Florida International University (FIU) chapter. As Treasurer, she oversees the chapter's finances and funding. In her role as the Social Media Assistant, Nicolle works with the social media team to publish a variety of content, including graphic design posts, video content, member-specific content, and more. Nicolle was also a writer for Her Campus FIU during the Spring 2022 term, in which she focused mainly on entertainment topics. At Florida International University, Nicolle is a Digital Communication and Media major with a concentration in Digital Journalism. She is also pursuing a minor in Social Media and E-Marketing Analytics. As a result of her dedication to her studies, Nicolle has been awarded several Dean’s List recognitions. Being a part of Her Campus has given Nicolle a great sense of pride and individuality. She considers herself grateful to have gotten the opportunity to explore her passion for writing. In her free time, Nicolle enjoys listening to music, watching rom-com movies, and traveling the world.