When Harry Met Sally
When Harry Met Sally
Castle Rock Entertainment
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

The best type of comfort is watching movies to help you escape your reality and live vicariously through your favorite fictional characters. The best form of therapy is grabbing a cup of cocoa, some ice cream, or snacks, and bundling up in a blanket to watch your favorite comfort movie. Here a few of the best films that will be sure to cheer you up:

1. When Harry met Sally: this is my favorite movie of all time, it transports me to my favorite place: New York in 1989. Ahhh sweet bliss….the tale of two best friends who eventually fall in love. We see the story of when they first meet and it takes us throughout their courtship. The best part is the soundtrack of Louis Armstrong and the classic jazz hits by Harry Conick Jr. 

2. The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement: early 2000’s Chris Pine?? Yes, please! This movie has the best elements: royal weddings and forbidden romances. There’s nothing better than spicing up your life with an exciting life that isn’t yours.

3. The Prince and Me: The perfect level of drama and romance wrapped in a beautiful story. A college love story between a studious and ambitious Paige and a spoiled, entitled Prince Eddie. Their whirlwind romance will definitely get you out of your funk!

4. The Proposal: Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds deliver their best performances in this movie. Bullock plays New York publisher Margaret Tate (a Canadian citizen), and Ryan Reynolds plays her assistant Andrew Paxton. The two agree to marry each other so Margaret can get her green card and stay in New York. Will they fall in love in the process? You’ll have to watch and see!

5. The Parent Trap: A classic Disney movie featuring twins who were separated at birth when their parents got divorced. They eventually meet each other at camp by sheer coincidence and cook up a scheme to get their parents back together. Such a light-hearted and comforting movie.

Gabriela Gutierrez-Gallo is a senior at Florida International University, majoring in journalism with a minor in social media and e-marketing. Her true love is New York City and her interests include home decor, film and television history, traveling, and skincare.