This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

I wrote this article in the Miami International Airport after my plane to New York was delayed about five times. After the fourth time I decided to book a different flight, then fifteen minutes later I find out that the new flight was delayed as well! Needless to say I needed a pick me up. What a great time to read some good news that is happening around the world, am I right? Sometimes life happens, and you have the choice to choose to see either the good in every situation or let the negativity get the best of you. Here are a couple of stories that will help you to stay positive this week!   

The Delivery at Target

Tanya St. Preux, a birthing nurse, had no idea what she was getting herself into when she was walking to a local target with her mother one sunny afternoon. St. Preux’s mother,  Lisa Bozeman, said “I saw a very pregnant woman who looked to be in pain. She mentioned that she needed a few things, then might go to the hospital to be checked since her contractions seemed to be getting strong.” Bozeman and her daughter then convinced the pregnant woman to go to the hospital immediately. As her friend was the getting to get to the hospital, the pregnant woman started having major contractions. Right then and there, her baby was brought into the world weighing at 7 pounds and 10 ounces. Much to their surprise, St. Preux wasn’t the only doctor shopping that day. An ER nurse and a nurse from the ICU, also helped deliver this bundle of joy.

Read full story:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-news/nurse-shopping-at-target-delivers-baby-after-customers-water-breaks-she-was-sweet-and-caring/ar-AAsvs0j

The ICU Grandpa

Grandparents always hold a special place in my heart. The love that a grandparent gives to their grandchild is very special and unique. It’s a warm kind of love. David, the ICU Grandpa, gives loves to each and every premature baby in the NICU when their parents can’t be there to hold them.

A photo of David was taken and posted on the Hospitals Facebook that read “They call him the ICU Grandpa. On Tuesdays, he visits the PICU to hold babies whose parents can’t be with them that day. On Thursdays, he makes rounds in the NICU.” 

This photo was taken by a patient’s mom as she fought back happy tears. The baby had been in the hospital for six weeks and according to the post, every night his mom goes home to be with his big sister.

Read full story:  https://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/2405/-ICU-Grandpa-Cuddles-Babies-Whose-Parents-Can-t-Be-Present

Groom To The Rescue

It was September 22 and Brittney and Clayton Cook were taking their wedding photos with photographer Daren Hatt at a park in Ontario, Canada. While his wife was taking her self-portraits, Cook noticed that a little boy was pushed into the lake by his friends. The little boy was struggling to get out but as soon as it happened Cook went to the rescue, diving in to save the boy. The photographer stated, “ I was taking photos of the bride and my back was to the river and shortly after that she exclaimed. Just as quickly as I turned around everything was taken care of.” David Hatt stated, “It sort of dawned on us immediately how serious it could have been. We were glad we were there, other wise it could have well gone unnoticed.”

Read full story: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/inspired-life/wp/2017/09/26/a-groom-…

I hope these stories have made you smile a little extra today.

Have a great day,

Gaby V