Style > Fashion

Tiny Treasures: Discovering Joy in Three Unforgettable Stocking Stuffers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

With the year coming to a close, this means that the holidays are slowly approaching! Black Friday deals have been popping off since Halloween ended a couple of weeks ago. While big gifts such as a luxury bag, new electronics, and clothes are nice, personalized gifts can make someone’s Christmas extra joyful! Read along for three stocking stuffers -or even gifts- that might sound basic but can be customizable for all your family and friends.

Charm bracelets

Charm bracelets have existed in girls’ jewelry boxes since they’ve been little. However, with time, our taste and look of what girls like as jewelry changes. A charm bracelet can show your loved one how much you care about them because of all the different charms that can be selected for every person’s taste. There are the famous Pandora Charms, which are widely available in most malls, where there are countless charms to pick. However, my favorites this year that give a classic look are Italian charm bracelets. Every single charm can make a bracelet and you can either pick one charm and buy the band to help your loved one start on this charm-collecting journey, or you can get them all the charms to make one sick bracelet. This can be a great gift for someone who hates dangly jewelry but wants unique jewelry. These bracelets are affordable at $9.99 on Amazon or MyItalianCharms.com with the charms costing around $3.99.

TOTE BAGS

Tote bags are an essential look in everyday fashion. I mean, they are so useful! You can take it to school, use it when grocery shopping, and can even be used as a shoe bag when traveling. When tote bags have different designs on them, it shows the world a little bit of someone’s personality in them, even if it’s just a tote bag with a funny drawing on it. You can get your Grey’s Anatomy fan with an embroidered quote from the show and support small businesses simultaneously. Or you can make it yourself and embody your creative bones. Tote bags can be a sentimental gift as it shows that you picked a tote bag with love and thought.

FILM PHOTOS

We all have phones now but recently, many have opted to use disposable or digital cameras to document parties or fun hangouts with friends, like old times! Selecting sentimental photos to put on a film strip can be such a cute way of sharing how you care about someone. It can be pictures from your childhood or funny pictures from late nights studying. Film photos can be of any type, like the film roll keychains or printing out photos from disposable cameras and writing about each picture in the back.

Alanna Aldana Lainez is a Honduran writer at the Her Campus chapter at Florida International University. She loves writing about pop culture such as her favorite shows and music groups, fashion trends on social media, and the latest drama in Hollywood. Before starting on Her Campus, Alanna was a secretary at Women of Tomorrow, a mentorship program, organizing monthly meetings, and talking to upcoming guests. She is currently a junior majoring in Digital and Interactive Media but hopes to add a minor in the forthcoming year. When not at school or writing, she enjoys drawing, playing video games like Genshin Impact and Persona, and listening to the Smosh Mouth podcast. She is a massive fan of Red Velvet and hopes to see them in concert one day.