The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Let’s dive into the world of makeup with a twist – one that goes beyond just looking fabulous. We’re talking about Rare Beauty, which was founded by the incredible Selena Gomez. Rare Beauty is a movement that encourages self-acceptance and mental health awareness rather than just a normal cosmetics company.

First things first, let’s talk about what makes Rare Beauty so, well, rare. It’s not just about the stunning products – though they’re pretty fabulous. It’s all about valuing your individuality, differences, and anything that makes you, you! 

The inspiration of Rare Beauty, Selena Gomez, has been transparent about her personal battles with mental health and her efforts to raise awareness among individuals of various backgrounds and ages. 

Rare Beauty has everything from bold lip colors to buildable foundations. However, their dedication to diversity is what makes them unique. Rare Beauty makes sure that everyone may discover the perfect combination with a wide variety of shades that suit every complexion. The cosmetic practice that the business promotes is centered around self-expression and self-love. Enhancing your natural attractiveness and highlighting the characteristics that set you apart are more important than hiding anything.

The dedication of Rare Beauty to mental health is more than surface-level. Over the course of the next few years, the business promises to give an astounding $100 million to mental health projects. That’s beauty with meaning, right there! Whenever you reach for that Rare Beauty product, keep in mind that it’s an expression of your unique and lovely self, not simply cosmetics. 

Hi! My name is Sarina Santiago :) I am from New Jersey and Colombian/Puerto Rican. My major is International Business and Real Estate and I am a sophomore. I love shopping, makeup, hanging out with friends, and writing. I am so happy to be apart of Her Campus!