Culture > Digital

The Magic Behind Disney’s Marketing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Have you ever thought about what makes Walt Disney World the most magical place on earth? Is it the character’s determination to maintain their personalities? Is it the years of make believe past down generation after generation? Well yes. That and their powerful marketing strategies is what has sculpted the Disney brand into what it is today. According to Satista.com, in the year of 2020 the Walt Disney Company generated a total revenue of 65 billion US dollars. Which is kind of crazy considering the financial crisis that occurred due to the pandemic. A huge chunk of that revenue is a result of strategically marketing the companies’ product, services, amenities and brand in general. So let’s take a closer look on how a simple idea back in 1928 has turned into a worldwide billion dollar company.

To begin with, the Disney World theme parks are known to attract various demographics, not just children but also adults across the world. With this being said one of their most powerful marketing strategies is the nostalgia the theme parks bring to its guests. Watching the inspirational movies as a little kid can attract many fans to visit the theme parks to relive their childhood dreams. This strategy not only fasinates customers but also enhances the relationship with the brand, resulting in customer retention.

Furthermore, Disney World is well known to be the most magical place on earth. And why is that? Well from the moment you arrive at the parks you are welcomed with contentment from the characters and workers. One of the most important aspects of Disney World is that they keep the same theme throughout all parks & experiences: magic. This plays a huge part in who they are and how they make their customers feel, it is basically their brand in general. Ranging from the scent of the park to the food menu; trust me the Disney Marketing team has thought about everything!

In conclusion, with todays fast evolving technology, it is crucial to adapt marketing strategies accordingly. The Disney Corporation has continuously dominated the marketing world for years with its outstanding imagination.

Travel Enthusiast & Marketing Major