scene from Bridgerton on Netflix
scene from Bridgerton on Netflix
Shondaland / Netflix

TEEN ROMANCE NETFLIX SHOWS YOU MUST WATCH

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

With Valentine’s Day approaching any minute now, it’s only fitting that we all get in that lovey-dovey mood to prepare for the holiday. Whether you have a date or not this February 14th, these shows will bring you all the emotions and love we all so desperately crave on Valentines. So be sure to pull out your popcorn and tissue box while you sit back to watch my top picks for the best teen romance Netflix shows:

Bridgerton

While it was recently released, this show quickly made it to the top of my favorite shows ever! Bridgerton takes place in London during the Regency era where the young women in town are preparing for the courting season. The show follows Daphne Bridgerton on her quest to find a genuine love connection and husband. All the while, an anonymous author under the pen name Lady Whistledown is spreading the town’s gossip in her tabloid which enrages most residents, including the Queen. If you were a fan of Gossip Girl, then this is the perfect show for you!

Gilmore Girls

This wholesome series will never fail to put a smile on your face! Following an iconic mother-daughter duo, Rory Gilmore is first seen as a young smart high school girl who transfers from a public school to a college preparatory private high school filled with kids who have more money than Rory could imagine. She struggles trying to maintain a relationship with her loving boyfriend, Dean, while also balancing her school. Watch Rory find herself and love on Gilmore Girls!

Outer Banks

A definite netflix-favorite during the quarantine in Spring 2020! Outer Banks follows a group of high school students from different walks of life in Outer Banks, North Carolina. These kids go from despising one another to working together to reveal the secrets of the town’s origins and the death of one of the boy’s fathers. Just as all teens do, they all find themselves in a heap of drama along the way as they learn to have interest in one another. This is definitely a show to watch! FYI: My boyfriend and I binge watched this together, so your boyfriend can watch it with you, too! ;)

You don’t need a date to enjoy Valentine’s Day! You also don’t need to be given hundreds of gifts or be taken on an expensive candle-lit dinner date to be shown you’re loved by your partner. Sometimes the perfect Valentine’s Day is being snuggled up while watching one of your favorite romantic shows with your friends, significant other, or your favorite snacks! Which show will you watch?

Natalia Pineiro is a blogger, social media manager, and college student at Florida International University. Born and raised in Miami, Natalia has always adored how she was able to make longlasting friendships and connections with people from all over the world. South Florida is an extremely culturally diverse environment that makes it one of the most unique places in the world and Natalia couldn't be more proud of it. The passion she has for meeting people of different cultures has pushed her to travel to many destinations to explore new languages, food, and more! She loves sharing her experiences through blog posts, video editing, photography, and more!