burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

TBT: NYFW Fall 2017 Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

This past month has been an exciting one for fashion. All you fashion gurus must be well aware that the month of September not only marks the beginning of fall, but the start of New York Fashion Week (NYFW). This year’s presentation did not disappointment and I took the liberty of collecting a few of the most popular trends we saw on the runway so that you can get some inspiration.

1. Color, but most specific: Lilac

This year, designers did not hesitate to add various hues to their collections. One that stood out to me the most was Lilac. From Victoria Beckham to The Row and to Michael Kors, this color casts a very elegant feel, making you stand out from the sea of floral patterns. Try implementing this trend by adding just one lilac item to your outfit. It could be as simple as a blouse or a pair of earrings. 

left: The Row (picture courtesy of The Row) Right: Michael Kors (picture courtesy of Rex Shutterstock)

2. Bras 

Whether it was a deconstructed look or more delicate appearance, bralettes had a spotlight of their own this season. Designers such as Alexander Wang, Fenty X Puma and Tom Ford put their own twist on this feminine trend. While it may not be the most practical, there are many ways to wear it if you do not want to just wear a bra. You can have it peek from under your shirt or you can pull a Kendall Jenner and wear it over a plain white tee for a simple yet unique look. 

Starting left: counter clockwise, Fenty X Puma (picture courtesy of  Getty Images), Tom Ford (picture courtesy of Getty images) , Alexander Wang (picture courtesy of Getty Images).

3. Stripes 

Nautical vibes are making a comeback this season as stripes are seen on everything. Whether it is blouses, skirts, dresses and even pant suits, designers such as Jason Wu and Derek Lam have all hopped on this trend.                                                                                          Left: Jason Wu (picture courtesy of Jason Wu) Right: Derek Lam (picture courtesy of Derek Lam) 

4. Track pants 

You read right, track pants are making a huge come back. A lot of of designers opted to style these pants with some sort of bodysuit or blouse. This gives a more put together look to an otherwise athletic outfit.

Left: Public school (picture courtesy of Public school) Right: Baja East (picture courtesy of Baja East)