This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

It is crucial to keep in mind that our bodies and minds are both fueled by the food we eat, especially in a society where our busy schedules sometimes cause us to disregard our health. Together, we will explore five delicious dishes that will not only entice our senses but also provide us with inside nourishment.

1.Zesty Citrus Salad: Elevate your salad game with a zesty citrus salad that’s as refreshing as it is nutritious. Begin by assembling a mix of greens such as spinach, arugula, and kale. Add segments of juicy citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruits, and mandarins for a burst of tangy sweetness. Sprinkle with toasted nuts or seeds for crunch and drizzle with a simple dressing made from olive oil, lemon juice, and a touch of honey. This vibrant salad is a feast for the senses, loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber.

2.Nutty Banana Oatmeal: Kick-start your morning with a hearty bowl of nutty banana oatmeal that’s both comforting and nutritious. Cook oats according to package instructions, adding mashed ripe bananas for natural sweetness and a creamy texture. Stir in a handful of chopped nuts such as almonds, walnuts, or pecans for crunch and extra protein. Sprinkle with cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup for a cozy touch. This warm and satisfying breakfast is packed with fiber, potassium, and energy-boosting carbs to keep you fueled all morning long.

3.Greek Yogurt Parfait: Indulge your sweet tooth without sacrificing your health with a delightful Greek yogurt parfait. Begin by layering creamy Greek yogurt with fresh berries and a handful of crunchy granola. Repeat the layers until your glass or bowl is brimming with goodness. Drizzle a bit of honey or maple syrup for a touch of natural sweetness. This parfait is not only a feast for the eyes but also a powerhouse of protein, probiotics, and energy-boosting carbs.

4. Avocado Toast: Ah, the beloved avocado toast – a trendy treat that’s as versatile as it is nutritious. Start by toasting your favorite bread until it’s perfectly golden brown. Then, grab a ripe avocado, mash it up, and spread it generously over the toast. Sprinkle some salt, pepper, and perhaps a dash of red pepper flakes for an extra kick. Feeling fancy? Add some sliced tomatoes, a drizzle of olive oil, or a sprinkle of feta cheese. Voila! A satisfying snack or meal that’s packed with healthy fats and fiber.

5. Sweet Potato Fries: Who says healthy eating can’t be deliciously satisfying? Enter sweet potato fries – the crispy, oven-baked alternative to traditional fries. Start by slicing sweet potatoes into thin strips. Toss them in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of seasoning – try paprika, garlic powder, and a pinch of sea salt for an irresistible flavor. Arrange the seasoned fries on a baking sheet and bake until golden and crispy. These nutrient-rich fries are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and fiber, making them a guilt-free indulgence.

Hi! My name is Sarina Santiago :) I am from New Jersey and Colombian/Puerto Rican. My major is International Business and Real Estate and I am a sophomore. I love shopping, makeup, hanging out with friends, and writing. I am so happy to be apart of Her Campus!