This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

For a long time, I couldn’t imagine how people could read books on their phones or on a tablet. Didn’t people miss the feeling of actually holding a book in their hand? How can you stare at a screen for so long? I just didn’t get it.

As a book lover, reading books whenever I have free time can actually become an expensive hobby, believe it or not. On average, a book can cost $15. If you read often, this adds up really quickly.

I started thinking, how can I continue to read when it’s so darn pricey?!

So, I gave in…I bought a Kindle Paperwhite E-reader.

I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

At first, it was a little different, holding a tablet instead of an actual book. But, the upsides of it definitely outweigh the fact that there’s no longer a physical paperback in my hands.

With the Kindle Paperwhite, I can read in the dark with its lighted background that isn’t too strong that it hurts your eyes, it’s portable, it can hold over 1,000 books (yeah, I know), and with books averaging at $2.99 I don’t think I could be happier. Basically, it’s an investment that pays in the long run.

Of course, there are other options out there. Such as other brands or tablets that allow you to do other things than just to read. For me, this wasn’t necessary—strictly just to keep my love for reading going.

Although it is a really odd transition, I definitely think switching to tablet reading versus printed books is something everyone should try.

Xoxo,

Adri

Cover Picture Source