Style > Beauty

Statement Earrings: The Biggest Fashion Trend of 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Looking around we can’t help but notice a trend that has slowly but surely picked up a lot of steam. Not just in the media or on the runway, but right here at our level, on our college campus. Statement Earrings. They’re everywhere! 

2018 is the year of super sized, geometric, fringed, fuzzy and unique earrings! The best part is, they’re all huge! Studs will always be the easiest earrings and the go to, but this new trend is just giving us a new way to express ourselves. Adding a pair of statement earrings has become the easiest way to dress up any outfit and the easiest way to spice up any look. These earrings are coming in much smarter than the huge earrings of the past, new, weightless designs make the earrings comfortable on our ears, contributing to the improvement of our selfie game. 

Earrings are the perfect accessory for any outfit, from plain tees to prom dresses. Fashionistas have been using this trend to dress up a downplayed and laid back look. 

Photo source

Photo source

The no makeup, makeup look is the perfect match to a pair of huge baubles. They brighten up your face, bringing color and sparkle. If you’re not already into the earring trend, it has to be one of the easiest off-the-runway trends to pick up on a budget and rock without any effort! There’s a pair for everyone, so throw on a t-shirt and jeans and pull that whole look together with a pop of color on your ears. You’ve just put together the easiest trendy outfit in your closet, I promise! Try it out, but be careful, once you get one pair, you won’t stop there! 

Cover photo

Sources:

https://www.the-pool.com/news-views/fashion-news/2017/25/hannah-banks-wa…

https://www.businessoffashion.com/articles/intelligence/statement-earrin…

Lillie is an English and Literature Student with a track in Creative Writing as well as experience in Public Relations and Law at Florida International University. She has a love for the arts, writing, creativity and adventure and focuses on sharing her experiences as well as informing her audience on current events in her writing.