This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

The Healing Journey

The Self-Journey

The Recovering Era…

All led to this point…THE START OF SOMETHING NEW

I have learned that through this journey there are losses and gains from opportunities to people I discovered ME. There is something about this journey that defines much more than greatness. The start of something new.

I found myself again. I found the person I wanted to withhold from the world. I found the person that was put in a box because of insecurities and second-guessing references. I found something new in myself and began to create new opportunities for myself.

Challenging myself more was the start of that era. These past few years have been the hardest but the greatest challenges I accomplished. The best thing that came out was understanding me…and accepting me.

The life phases I had were once seen as only hardships because it was all I once knew. I could not sit and celebrate my smallest and biggest accomplishments because I believed I needed to do more to feel great. But I just needed to live in the moment. Be grateful for what I have because everything I needed was right in front of me.

Diana Dupelord is a Senior Editor at Florida International University Her Campus Chapter. She oversees a group of writers that exemplify different genres of writing. She is responsible for ensuring article credibility, while managing and editing writers' content before publication. Diana continues to expand her editorial experience by becoming a Student Editor for FIU's Undergraduate Research Journal for the 2024 Cohort. She dedicates her time to working with Student Writers during the drafting and publication process to ensure efficient published academic research. Additionally, she has served as an intern for Her Campus Media X Ulta Beauty by creating written content on natural hair for the empowerment of Black Beauty. The art of writing has allowed Diana to optimize her passion for it. She is dedicated to sharing her life experiences through her love for writing. Her transparency has allowed her to influence and inspire people by portraying the empowerment of her written pieces. She emphasizes her reasonings to teach the world as "Breaking Barriers is My Purpose."