This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Happy April everyone! It’s that time of year where spring cleaning is in full swing. Before you start cleaning out every aspect of your life, start with your closet and drawers. Cleaning out your closet can definitely be irritating, especially if you’re not a fan of getting rid of clothes. But what if I told you that you can turn your unused clothes into cash? Poshmark, a free clothes-selling app, is the newest and most popular way to sell unwanted items in your closet. 

Poshmark requires you to create an account in order to start selling your clothes. After creating your account, you can start adding items to your “closet” which can range from any brand and item of clothing you can imagine, from shoes to purses to jewelry. You take pictures of your item, list it for any price you choose, add information and a description, and post it to your closet. Be sure to connect your bank account information to your account in order to transfer your profit once you sell an item. Sometimes people can bargain for your item and offer a different price that you listed. It’s up to you if you want to accept it. 

After someone purchases your item, print out the shipping label and pack your item. Drop it off at the nearest USPS office and Poshmark will notify you once your item starts tracking. Once the buyer has received the purchased item, your profit will show up in your account, and you can transfer it to your bank account. 

Your items won’t always sell right away. There’s so many sellers and items out on the app’s market. But don’t lose hope! One man’s trash is another man’s treasure, and you’ll be surprised to see how those unwanted items sell! 

Anel is an Elementary Education major within the Honors College at Florida International University. Her passions include beauty, music, education, and of course writing! In the future, she plans to be working as a full-time teacher and part-time makeup artist, all while obtaining her Masters degree. When she's not studying or working, you can probably find Anel shopping, watching makeup tutorials and Netflix, volunteering in a kindergarten classroom, or spending time with her family.