Songs to Add to Your New Playlist: Summer 2022

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

At the start of twenty-twenty two several musical artist’s began to release new tracks or albums, leaving their fans wanting more. From albums like The Weekends “Dawn FM”, to Lana Del Rey’s single “Watercolor Eyes”, that was featured during season two of Euphoria. As the summer season makes way, new music has been released while other artists have also announced other projects that are in the works — making this a great opportunity to start a new playlist!

With that being said, here are a few single’s to add to your Summer 2022 Playlist.

First Class – Jack Harlow

Prior to releasing the full version of his latest track “First Class”, Harlow uploaded a short video of him singing the song at the studio — hinting that his upcoming album “Come Home The Kids Miss You” is finished and ready to drop. The 15 second preview of the song instantly became a trending sound all over the app with fans claiming that this is “the song of the summer”. “First Class” appeared familiar to many as the song samples 2006 hit song, “Glamorous” by Fergie. With over 54 million streams in its first week, Harlows single became No. 1 on Billboard’s Hot 100 as of April 18.

Harlow’s upcoming album — “Come Home The Kids Miss You”, is his second studio album which is set to release on May 6.

Stars in the Sky – Kid Cudi

Throughout the years Scott Mescudi — or Kid Cudi, is well known for praised tracks “Pursuit of Happiness”, “Day and Night”, and more. Since then, Cudi has delivered a total of seven studio albums along with several singes. “Stars in the Sky” is Cudi’s second single of 2022. The track is featured on the film-soundtrack of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2022). Back in 2021, the singer and rapper announced that he plans to release two separate albums this year — including “Entergalactic” which is expected to release this summer. Aside from working on new music, Cudi has also announced his upcoming adult-animated series that will debut on Netflix.

Sunshine – Latto (feat. Lil Wayne & Childish Gambino)

After first appearing on The Rap Game (2016), Latto has released two studio albums: “Queen of Da Souf” (2020) and “777” (2022). The latest album includes features with rappers Lil Durk, Nardo Wick, and 21 Savage. Many of Latto’s fans seemed to mainly enjoy the fifth track on the album — “Sunshine” ft. Lil Wayne and Childish Gambino. The Atlanta based artist performed hit song ‘Big Energy’ along with ‘Sunshine’ on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.

As it Was – Harry Styles

Harry Styles last studio album, “Fine Line” was released in 2019. Since then, the Pop-artist has gone on to be nominated for three Grammy Awards, holding the award for Best Pop Solo Performance at the 63rd Annual Grammy Event (2021). Released on April 1, “As it Was” is Style’s most recent single that is expected to appear on his upcoming album, “Harry’s House”. Since the release of the single, Harry broke the Guinness World Record for “most streamed track on Spotify in 24 hours”.

Samantha joined Her Campus in January 2022 and has continued as a writer. Based in Miami, Florida and is currently a Public Relations student at Florida International University. Favorite pastimes range from art and writing to music and traveling. Enjoys watching movies, going out, and watching sports games.