Son Cubano restaurant & lounge debuts South Florida location

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Following the success of their popular New York City and New Jersey locations, KDC Restaurant Group will now bring their upscale Cuban-Asian style dining to the bustling area of Coral Gables in Miami. Son Cubano Restaurant & Lounge is located just off Miracle Mile at 2530 Ponce De Leon Blvd.

Local influencers were invited to the private unveiling party where they were introduced to some of the highlights on the menu, local Cuban jazz bands that played live music and cocktails. With an expansive dining room & bar on the first floor, a second floor bar & lounge and outdoor cigar patio, Son Cubano will offer an authentic and energetic dining experience with a unique take on Cuban Cuisine prepared by Chef, Benjamin Tellez.

An air of vintage class permeates the 2nd floor lounge, as hues of warm colors compliment the exposed brick walls and dangling chandeliers, enveloping patrons and transporting them to a vacation like ambiance. The cigar lounge terrace, overlooking Ponce De Leon Blvd., will add to the airy and inviting atmosphere felt throughout.

Guests at Son Cubano will experience the excitement of 1950s Cuba with beautiful and modern decor, bringing a distinctive dining, cocktail and lounge encounter to the neighborhood of Coral Gables. Known for their popular and energetic New York/New Jersey brand, the Son Cubano team is excited to share their upscale and vivacious dining and nightlife experience with South Florida’s discerning citizens.

Son Cubano Miami will be open to the public beginning January 27th, open daily for lunch, happy hour, brunch and late night music and cocktails.

2017 FIU Her Campus president