Lulus SBPL HeroGraphic R2?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Lulus SBPL HeroGraphic R2?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Small Businesses to Support in Preparation for Hot Girl Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

“Hot girl summer” is right around the corner — it’s time to spend endless days on the beach and nights out wherever you may be during your vacay. What exactly is hot girl summer though? Your chance to be the very best version of you while having the the time of your life! If you plan on partying with the girls or decide to spend the day having brunch, here are a few small businesses that offer unique, trendy clothing items and fun accessories for any fun occasions.

Fast fashion is out and slow fashion is in… @_SecondHandClothingtoGo is a Puerto Rico based online thrift shop that offers both brand new and pre-loved items. With shipping available in Puerto Rico and USA, Second Hand Clothing to Go has a variety of options to choose from. Though all items are final sale, new items are posted weekly!

Sunny summer days are full of vibrant colors and sometime’s you probably want to coordinate your outfit according to your mood. But at times the outfit doesn’t feel complete without an assemble made up of accessories. @eyesisboutique is a jewelry shop that specializes in custom necklace, bracelets, rings, and more.

@HijaDeTuMadre has become an iconic bussiness on Instagram to say the least. The Latina owned shop based in Los Angeles, California, was founded by Patty Delgado. Delgado’s business emphasizes the fashion within Latin communities while embracing an inclusive and confident vision. Ranging from clothing to jewelry, @HijaDeTuMadre also vends everyday essentials such as weekly planners and coffee mugs.

Scrolling through endless websites in search for the “perfect outfit” can become tiresome and frustrating. Despite the amount of time searching for a matching set or mini dress, nothing seems to stand out. How about looking into reworked clothes? @kmilaclothing is a small online shop centered on turning daily clothes into new and chic pieces.

The next up-cycling fashion store is known as @remygirlreworks. REMYGIRL Reworks is known for their sustainable clothing items and more. This US based brand focuses on designing eccentric pieces from handmade patchwork tops to custom made jeans. Aside from reworked corsets (picture below), REMYGIRL Reworks also accepts custom pieces via Instagram.

Co-founded by two best friends, @shopcollisionboutique is a small business located in San Francisco, California. The fashion boutique includes carries items like corset tops and colorful dresses perfect for a night or day in the city. @shopcollisionboutique hand package all sale items and may even include a free item from their shop!

Samantha joined Her Campus in January 2022 and has continued as a writer. Based in Miami, Florida and is currently a Public Relations student at Florida International University. Favorite pastimes range from art and writing to music and traveling. Enjoys watching movies, going out, and watching sports games.