This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Simone Biles is a nationally recognized name. At 22 years old, she’s the most decorated gymnast in the world and continues to break records. She currently holds 25 world championship medals, in which 19 of those medals are gold. 

During the 2016 Rio Olympics, a small mistake caused Biles to drop to bronze on the beam and since then she’s worked consistently to better herself on the apparatus that causes her the most nerves. 

However, during the FIG Gymnastics World Championship in Stuttgart, Germany Simone Biles broke more than a few records. She defeated the odds and yet again, introduced a new skill to the sport: introducing a new dismount from the beam. 

Once again, Biles won a record fifth world individual all-around title. As well as, performing the most difficult skill done by a woman at the end of her floor routine. The Triple-twisting double tuck is now called the Biles II.

Simone Biles is changing the way gymnastics works. She already has four skills that bear her name and, continues to perform with such ease and precision leaving everyone astonished. Even after breaking Belarusian Vitaly Scherbo record of 23 world championship medals, Biles went on to win the 25th medal during her floor performance.  

She is a force not to be reckoned with and, will continue to grow and shine next summer in Tokyo being the favorite to win gold during the Olympics. Simone Biles is a breath of fresh air for the gymnastics world after the scandal with the former team doctor, Larry Nassar. 

Hi loves! My name is Juanita Cardona, I am a sophomore at FIU majoring in Public Relations, Advertising & Applied Communications (PRAAC). I was born in Colombia and have a passion for traveling. I love experiencing new cultures, especially their food. Off of that Im a big foodie and love to try out new places to eat, but my favorite food is definitely sushi. I enjoy writing on women's issues and being a voice for the minorities. I hope to continue to write and grow as a writer in general.