This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

About 6 days ago, Snap Inc. stocks dropped to $5.70. That might not sound like a lot but the day before, the stock price of Snap Inc. was $6.54. Many stock owners of Snap Inc. are concerned as to why their stocks dropped so fast. However, the day of January 16th, one of the executives of Snap Inc. stepped down from their position. Without any warning or announcements before hand, this news shocked everyone in the company. Especially, the stocks. When it comes to stocks and investors, they do not like any surprises. Most importantly, they do not like uncertainty. When Snap’s executive decided to stepped down unexpectedly, it caused Snap’s investors to question what is going on in the company. This led to the prices of the stocks dropping.

However, this is not the first time Snap Inc is facing heat. Just last year, Snap’s CFO, Imran Khan stepped down from the company as well. Not just that but a lot of people, not just investors, are worried about Snap Inc. Snap Inc. is not living up to everyone’s expectations. From creating a new company, to new updates on Snapchat, to creating new products, the consumers are not buying into what Snap is selling. This is a concerning matter, on top of the fact that executives are leaving the company. As of January 22, stock prices of Snap Inc. grew back up to $6.02.

Hi! My name is Sonya Islam. I am currently studying International Business at Florida International University. Some of my favorite things to do is constantly read up on pop culture, keep up with politics, and watching tv to relax. Those are actually some of my passions and hopefully, that passion is translated into the articles I write.