Selena Gomez’s Mom Basically Drags Her Under The Bus Claiming “She’s Old Enough To Make Her Own Decisions”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

I think we are all pretty much well aware that momma Gomez is most definitely NOT a Bieber fan especially after just recently being hospitalized for getting into a heated argument with her daughter, Selena, after she decided to reignite her fire with the Biebs late last year. Now, it seems as if she’s also letting it be known, amid the Woody Allen sexual misconduct allegations circling around, that she also profusely told Selena not to work with him after his own adopted daughter Dylan Farrow accused him of molesting her. 

An instagram user by the name @afdaayesou reprimanded Mandy, Selena’s mom, and requested her to make Selena write an apology letter for developing any business ties with the controversial Hollywood director claiming that they felt like they could not publicly defend her anymore and her team did not do a good job at cleaning her image. Mandy took notice and immediately responded, refuting that no one could really make Selena do something she did not wish to do. As her mom, she had spoken with her about the subject but it seemed that no matter how much she advised her not to go along with the project, it didn’t seem to change her mind. She was also quick to make it very clear that although she does not manage her daughter anymore, she is well aware that her team is full of great people and Selena always makes her own decisions, hence no one can really control what she can or can’t do. 

What really hit home to many people was the last sentence Mandy wrote which states “No matter how hard you try to advise it falls on deaf ears.” What was she trying to imply? Well, According to a statement she gave to Gossipcop it seems that it is pretty clear to her that Selena is in fact an a 25-year-old adult that is old enough to make her own decisions despite not completely agreeing with all of her choices. I guess it’s pretty natural that mothers and daughters have their own disagreements from to time but it’s a pretty interesting topic when it comes to celebs like these. I’m sure they’ll be working this out pretty soon considering that most of Selena’s co-stars on the film have donated their salaries to sexual abuse charities. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens next.

Till next time,

-M.