Secrets To Enjoying Miami’s Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Recently, Miami’s weather has brought us some cold days and even cooler nights. While most seem to like it, not everyone does. Either way, I know we all can take advantage of this change in weather and make the most out of it! Here are a few secrets I’ve found that make this weather more enjoyable:

1) When Driving, WINDOWS DOWN!

I know we are all used to the scorching Miami heat and live and die by our air conditioners at full blast in our cars…but why not switch around the roles?! Air conditioner off, windows down and radio up! I found this to be not just relieving for ourselves, but also enjoyable. What’s better than driving around with the wind blowing in your hair and your favorite song blasting WHILE saving gas?!

2) Go Outdoors!

Whether this means taking your gym workout outside, planning a little picnic get-together, or choosing to have a mini photoshoot outside with friends, I advise you to do it! You’ll definitely get the most out of the weather and how nice it is to NOT sweat in Miami for a bit?

3) Use Those Cute Sweaters Now & Wear Your Hair Down

That cute Zara sweater you never had the opportunity to wear because of the hot and humid Miami weather you can NOW use! You now have an excuse to wear and own that cute winter outfit and have good reasoning as temperatures drop. Hair is also a huge relief. No humidity means no frizziness! So feel free to now wear your hair down and feel at ease doing so! Work it girl!

I hope these three tips make your Miami winter all the more better! Remember that we have to make the most out of small changes, because they don’t happen too often weather-wise in Miami. Stay warm and drink that hot cocoa!

Xoxo,

Bri

Cover Photo Source