matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Culture > News

A Royal Baby Is On The Way! Meghan Markle Confirms Pregnancy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Just days ahead of their 16 day visit to Australia,Fiji, Tonga, and New Zealand, Kensington Palace officially announced that The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expecting a child in Spring of 2019. It seems as if it were only yesterday when millions tuned in to watch The Royal Wedding take place 5 months ago and now they’re scrambling to figure out what the new royal addition will be named.

It’s reported that the couple announced the pregnancy at Princess Eugenie’s wedding last week where rumors had already began to circulate. Meghan fueled the gossip thread when she was seen arriving and debuting a navy blue buttoned-up Givenchy outfit that notably covered her fit figure. The palace reports that Harry’s brother Prince William and Kate are absolutely delighted with the news as are Queen Elizabeth, Prince Phillip, Prince Charles and Camilla. Family and friends were able to congratulate the parents-to-be in person at the reception.

Although many would think otherwise, Prince Harry and Meghan’s child will not and does not currently hold a royal title unless the Queen steps in to bestow one. This comes from Prince Harry’s Great Great Grandfather King Henry V where in 1917, made a decree that would limit titles within the family if they were too far down the line. As of now, the upcoming new addition would hold either an “Earl” or “Lady” title while being seventh in line and highly unlikely to take the throne.