This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

I decided to do another makeup dupe article because I’ve gotten a few requests after my first dupe article.  A lot of the brands I chose are animal cruelty-free so make sure to keep an eye out for that! 

THE DAMAGE: MAC “163 FLAT CONTOUR BRUSH” – $34

A lot of Youtube stars have raved about this brush. Mainly used for contouring, it’s a straight-edge brush to really define the lines you’re creating. ​

THE CATCH: LABELLE  “PREMIUM BLACK CONTOUR BRUSH ” – $14.75

****CRUELTY-FREE****

This contour brush is made from synthetic fibers and firm wooden handles. Usually retailing for $14, ITS ON SALE!! FOR $7.50!!! The link to buy is here. The density of the brush mirrors that of the MAC flat brush. 

THE DAMAGE: KYLIE COSMETICS KYSHADOW BRONZE – $42

The Kyshadow pressed powder eye Bronze shadow palette comes with 9 pressed powder eye shadows. The shadows are said to have medium buildable coverage and a velvety smooth texture!

THE CATCH: SHAAANXO EYESHADOW PALETTE – $18.99

***VEGAN && CRUELTY FREE***!!!!!

4 mattes, 5 shimmers, an absolute steal! BH Cosmetics states that this palette is a must-have mix of 9 earth-toned mattes and shimmers from the original palette plus nine new neutrals and bright pops of colors to flatter multiple skin tones. Reviews for this palette say that “they’re very easy to blend, super pigmented and last all day”. 

THE DAMAGE: FENTY BEAUTY MATCH STIX – $25-$54

My girl, Rihanna,  perfected her match stix with a “light-as-air” formula made for different skin tones. You can either get a single stick for $25 or upgrade and get the trio for $54. 

THE CATCH: WET N WILD MEGAGLO MAKEUP STICKS – $2-$5

***CRUELTY-FREE***

For just only $2-5 EACH you can make your own set to conceal, contour, highlight and even blush! 

THE DAMAGE: ANASTASIA CONTOUR KIT – $40

A beyond popular set of six powder highlight/contour shades. These babies are rated 5/5 stars and Youtubers will tell you to get your hands on it if you can. 

THE CATCH: AESTHETICA CONTOUR KIT – $24-$28 on Amazon

This set of six creams include three shades for highlight and three for contour. The contour is meant to help shape and accentuate your face while the highlight shades enhance all the high points of your face. These are better used when you wet them! I prefer to use a couple drops of my Citrus serum on my brush before applying. 

Thank you for coming back! Hope I helped you save a couple bucks. 

Toodles!

Dani

photo onephoto twophoto three, photo four, photo five, photo six, photo seven, photo eight

Instagram: @daniiurrea Twitter: @daniiurrea