This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

With all the stress of school, we’re so consumed with trying to be an adult. But what about our childhood? We never stop to smell the roses and think about a time in our lives where everything was simple and the only worry we had was which sparkly lip gloss to buy. Disney+ has created an amazing form of therapy for me and my family, we now have access to every classic movie or TV show from our childhoods. Watching these shows and movies has helped me escape my reality, this pandemic can make us feel like hiding under a blanket and revert to our younger selves. Are we better off this way?

red haired witch saying I'll put a spell on you
Walt Disney Pictures / Giphy
Feed into your inner child. Buy things that make you happy even if it’s silly or pointless. Buying things from our childhood remind us to value the little things in life. Invest in some DVDs and bond with your siblings or other relatives and reminisce about a magical time in your life. Reverting back to your childhood is an excellent way to cope with anxiety or stress; it gives you a different perspective on life, perhaps a more appreciative one. Transporting into a magical world where animals sing and everything seems possible is my way of dealing with stress.

We’re so obsessed with being adults and being taken seriously that we forgot what it was like to be a carefree kid. It’s time to find our inner child in order to find happiness and fulfillment throughout all aspects of life. Disney movies taught us to wish upon a star and “a dream is a wish your heart makes” but what does that even mean? Just dreaming isn’t going to get you your dream job. It’s likely that Disney was trying to tell us that no matter how stressed or worried you may be, never forget why you’re doing this….your DREAM. Romanticizing your goals is another way to give you a different perspective on life.

Never lose sight of what’s important.

Gabriela Gutierrez-Gallo is a senior at Florida International University, majoring in journalism with a minor in social media and e-marketing. Her true love is New York City and her interests include home decor, film and television history, traveling, and skincare.