Quick Bites for Busy Schedules

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

We all tend to get the munchies throughout our day, especially me! Maybe you just had breakfast and are in class, trying to curb your hunger during the hours before lunch time. Say no more, I have a healthy solution for how to prevent the munchies from getting to you!

1. Peanut Butter & Apples

This is such a simple and clean snack! All you need to do is buy pre-sliced apple slices from Publix, and make sure you have a small little container made for sauces and or/ peanut butter. Pack both into a small plastic bag, and you are ready for your day! Apples are extremely good for you and peanut butter contains a lot of protein. This should help hold your tummy down until the lunch hour.

2. Humus & Chips

I’ve seen many people eat this snack throughout the day. It’s not far from healthy, either! If you buy the right organic pita chips of your choosing along with some fresh humus from Trader Joes, all you need to do is pack them together and there you have a quick and simple snack to satisfy your taste buds for the next few hours!

3. Mini Salad Bowl

Before the start of your week, make your way to Publix or any other grocery store, and purchase any greens you love in your salad. I recommend lettuce, fresh tomato slices, apples, onions, jalapenos and even chicken! If you pre-make this before the start of your day, you have something fresh and yummy to eat when that mid-day hunger strikes. You won’t feel overstuffed after, you’ll actually feel great because your stomach appreciates your healthy eating! :)

I hope these three snacks help you within your busy work or school schedule as they have greatly helped me. Remember these snacks are necessary for your mind and body, you don’t want to be without them!

Xoxo,

Bri

Cover Photo Source