This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Miami is all about enjoying the aesthetic beaches and the hot and humid weather that comes along with it. You’ll be missing out if you don’t plan something on the water, which is why this article will help you in planning the perfect day out.

You get to spend one day in Miami, where do you go and what do you go see?

10 a.m. – South Beach

South Beach is one of the most famous beaches in the world. From extravagant people watching, celebrities and exotic cultures from parts of the Caribbean, there is no wonder why Miami is known as the melting pot. Gaze at the water’s horizon, watch the birds fly across the morning sky, and sunbathe before taking a dip into the water. 

Once you’ve soaked up the sun at South Beach, go on a brisk walk or hop on a Deco Bike to explore the Art District, along Ocean Drive.

1 p.m. – Explore the Art Deco District

The Art Deco District is located along Ocean Drive on South Beach. This is the perfect opportunity to see the stories uniquely crafted in the architecture. Pass by and take pictures next to iconic buildings such as the Versace Mansion, Colony Theatre, Breakwater Hotel, Essex House and Lincoln Theatre to name a few. Enjoy your time by viewing the unique architecture and don’t forget to grab a bite to eat at one of the great restaurants on South Beach. 

4 p.m. – Wynwood Art District

Have lunch at a popular restaurant in Wynwood. This neighborhood is most popular for its art district, where all visitors come to immerse themselves in a small town of rich art and food. The murals of the Wynwood Walls tell many stories of the preserved neighborhood. Grab some lunch at the Wynwood Yard, KYU, Beaker & Gray, or the ice cream shop at Dasher & Crank.

6 p.m. – Key Biscayne Sunset Sail

Skip the movies, and instead view Miami’s beautiful skyline on the Key Biscayne Sunset Sail at South Beach Party Boats. With complimentary champagne and great photo-ops of the sunset, you’ll be sure to wind down and relax from the adventures of today. Enough to get you going again. The trip departs at 6 p.m. and returns to the Bayside docks at 8 p.m. – just in time for dinner!

8 p.m. – Bayside Marketplace

Once you’ve watched the sunset on the Key Biscayne Sunset Sail, take a stroll around Bayside Marketplace. The boat returns to the Bayside docks, so you’ll land in the heart of live attractions in Downtown Miami. Talk about perfect timing. At the well-lit Bayside Marketplace, you’ll find festive restaurants and live performances from local bands. You’re sure to keep busy and entertained at this mall and venue for entertainment. Take time to explore, eat and talk.

Mix up the adventures, or do them all, either way, you’ll enjoy this day/night out in Miami. It’ll be a day to remember, filled with Miami culture and scenic experiences to take back home. Whether you’re a tourist or local, you’ll have the time of your life, with memories to share with friends and family. 

JoAnne is a Journalism major at Florida International University. When she's not writing, you can find her collecting tea, exploring the great outdoors, and capturing beautiful portraits. She enjoys writing on lifestyle, health and travel. Find her on Instagram at @joannechrls