Pixar’s Trailer For Lightyear brings old and new audiences to Infinity and Beyond

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Everyone knows Toy Story. We all grew up with the movies. The movies even gave us our dynamic duo: Woody & Buzz. Toy Story 2 gave us a look into Woody’s past and how he became a sensation, along with Jessie and Bullseye. Yet we don’t know much about it besides the fact that he’s a space ranger from star command and his arch-nemesis is Zurg. 

There’s not much of a backstory to Buzz Lightyear. We just know about Andy’s toy Buzz. So who was the inspiration behind the Buzz Lightyear toy? Pixar will give us the answer in the summer of 2022 with their new movie “Lightyear.”

Pixar animation never fails. The trailer starts off with mission control starting to do the final sequences before the launch. We see Buzz get ready for the flight, the crew setting up the ship, and the flight path Buzz will take on this mission. Mission control does the countdown and Buzz heads off into the unknown. We go into the rest of the trailer with the song “Starman” by David Bowie playing in the background. The trailer goes on to show us the unknown challenges Buzz will face in the movie.

It ends with Buzz’s famous catchphrase ready to be said but it goes to black before the final word is said. It is ironic that Buzz will be voiced by Chris Evans, and we all know that he can’t finish a famous catchphrase before the screen cuts to black. It will be wonderful to see how this Buzz’s story inspires the creation of the Buzz we all know and love.

Chelsea Alexandra Marino is a senior at Florida International University, majoring in journalism. She is also pursuing a certificate in music business. Her passions include music, soccer, video games, and Marvel movies.