This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Want to impress friends, family and loved ones with a recipe that will leave them speechless? Try making this homemade lasagna. It is sure to impress even the most picky of eaters.

Ingredients:

Barilla Oven Ready Lasagne

Chorizo (Italian sausage or Spanish)

Basil

Parsley

Rosemary

Ground Beef

Ricotta Cheese

Grated Parmigiana cheese

Shredded Italian mix cheeses

Tomato pasta sauce of choice

Butter or Spam

Preparation:

Prep by chopping the onions into small cubes and mincing the garlic. Also chop up the chorizo into small piece if you desire consistency, pass it through the food processor and then mix into the ground beef.

Cooking:

Begin by heating up a pan with olive oil, garlic and onions, sauté until golden brown. Add the ground beef and chorizo and cook until ready. Next pour in your tomato pasta sauce of choice with parsley, rosemary and basil. Let it simmer for 10 minutes on low heat then turn off stove.

After finishing the sauce, prep the oven by pre-heating it to 350 degrees fahrenheit while you prep the lasagna. In an oven ready dish or rectangular aluminum tray of your choice lather in butter or spray the entire pan with Pam. Lay down your first layer of Barilla Oven Ready Lasagne until you cover the entire surface. Next add your meat sauce, making sure to spread evenly and thoroughly cover the lasagna strips. After that cover your sauce with ricotta cheese and top it off with grated Parmigiana and Italian Cheese. Repeat the steps twice or until desired thickness. The top, final layer should be covered in plain tomato sauce, Italian Cheese and grated Parmigiana. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour, if the top is not golden brown add a few more minutes until the cheese layer has a golden color.

Once ready let it cool and serve to enjoy!

Estefany is an Accounting Student with a certificate in Social Media and E-Marketing Analytics at Florida International University. She has a passion for traveling, art, writing, classical music, fashion and movies. Her adventurous spirit and creativity is what she embodies through her writing as she aims to provide her readers with informative but light hearted material.