Passionate Panther: Emily Corbin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is none other than Emily Corbin! You may have read one of our past articles on Emily’s sister Mary. Both Corbin sisters have now been featured on Her Campus FIU. This just goes to show what an imact these sisters have made on the FIU community. Check out the interview below to get to know this passionate Panther.

Age: 19

Major: Psychology/Occupational Therapy 

Year: Sophomore 

What are you involved with on campus? 

• I am the proud Membership Vice President for Alpha Xi Delta, SGA Lower Division Senator, Relay for Life Teams Director, Miss FIU Special Events coordinator and member of Cure.

What is your favorite part about being an FIU Panther? 

• There are many reasons I love being an FIU Panther, but my favorite part is definitely what FIU has given back to me.  All my involvements have given me an opportunity to become something bigger than myself and meet such incredible people. Without FIU, I wouldn’t be the well-rounded individual I am today.

Who is your role model?

There are two people in my life that take this title: my mom and my sister. Both these women have taught me what it is like to be an amazing leader and overall a strong woman.  They have showed me their values and making sure to live by my own. They push me to treat everyone with respect and taught me to be proud of who I am. They have truly been the best role models I could ever ask for and there are no words that can describe my gratitude towards them.

What fictional character do you best relate to? 

• The fictional character I relate to the best is Joy from Inside Out. Joy from inside out is always positive and has a great attitude which is what I strive to be each and everyday. Through positivity anything is possible!

Where do you see yourself in five years?

• In five years I see myself, graduating with my masters in occupational therapy and opening a brownie shop with my sister. This has always been a dream of ours.

Any advice for your fellow Collegiettes?

• Although I am the #1 believer of getting involved right off the back, some advice I would give to my fellow collegiettes is always remember what you’re going to school for: your academics. If you are involved, but not doing well in school, in the long run those involvements mean nothing. Truly enjoy your time at FIU but never forget, work hard, play hard.