This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

This weeks Campus Celebrity is none other then our Homecoming Princess, outstanding leader of the year, AND sorority woman of the year, Mary Corbin! Here’s what she had to say about her experience at FIU.

Age: 21

Major: Political Science/Public Relations

Year: Junior

• What are you involved in on campus?

I am the chief of Staff for SGA, President of ODK, Vice President of Order of Omega, and in the past, I was involved with Miss FIU, Dance Marathon, and was Programs Vice-President for the sorority I affiliate with; Alpha Xi Delta.

• How do you make time for all of your involvements?

MY AGENDA!!! I have a physical agenda and one online!!! All color coordinated of course!

• If you had to choose, what would you say has been your favorite involvement, past/present? 

I wouldn’t necessarily call this an involvement because I consider it more of a home to me but Alpha Xi Delta has been my favorite “involvement.” It has brought me amazing friendships and networking opportunities. Being Programs Vice President taught me a lot about being a leader and how to be a communicator to a group and inspire others.

• What are your plans after graduation?

After graduation, I will be attending Law School. Eventually, I plan on working for the government relations department at a University or company, run political campaigns, and eventually own my own Public Relations/Governmental relations firm.

• What has been your most memorable moment at FIU?

Participating in the homecoming parade as homecoming princess! I love FIU and it was an awesome experience to be able to be a part of an age-old tradition.

• What advice do you have for incoming panthers?

GET INVOLVED AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! These four years fly by, and it’s important to take advantage of every opportunity FIU has to offer.

Gabriela Millan is a Freshman at Florida International University studying Business Administration. She hopes to attend law school in New York City and graduate with a MBA and JD. Although she is still only beginning her collegiate journey, Gabriela believes it is important to be very involved on and off campus. She is an intern for the Student Government Association and a member of a Panhellenic organization.