Taylor Swift Concert Photo 2
Taylor Swift Concert Photo 2
Original photo by Kayla Melendez

One of the top movies of 2023: The Era’s Tour documentary

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Taylor Swift has had a very busy year. She started her Era’s Tour in April, released Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) in July, will release 1989 (Taylor’s Version) in late October, appearances at Travis Kelce’s football games, and now the Era’s Tour Movie in early October. Currently Swifts tour has grossed close to $1 billion. For opening weekend the Era’s Tour Film made $96 Million in the USA alone through AMC which was one theater cooperation distributing the movie. Outside the USA the film has made around $125 to $130 million. On opening day alone the film made $39 million and on preview showings on Thursday made $2.8 million.

Prices

Everyone knows that Swift loves her Easter Eggs and she left some behind in the pricing of tickets for her movie. Adults are $19.89 and children and elders are $13.13 both of these prices don’t include tax. Movie theaters also had popcorn buckets and soda cups. The popcorn buckets are $14.99 and the soda cups are $11.99. compared Beyonce’s Renaissance tour movie ticket prices which are $22 or more. Either way both movies are bound to give the box office a big boost because of the actors strike.

Breaking Records

The first record Swift broke was the one day sales record for AMC. Within 24 hours of tickets going on sale the film made $26 million. As well in just the first weekend the film has become one of the highest concert grossing films beating Justin Bieber: Never Say Never tour which made $73 millions and Michael Jackson’s This Is It with $72 million. The film also has had the seventh best opening day in 2023 with the number one spot belonging to Barbie with $70.8 million. The Era’s Tour Film is also the second best October opening day following the 2019 Joker which made $39.3 million.

Set List

The film runs just under three hours at around 2 hours and 45 minutes. This caught people off guard because the actual show runs over 3 hours every night. Taylor took out 5 songs. That includes “the archer”, “no body no crime” “long Live” Cardigan” and “wildest dreams”. However the introduction to the Folklore set was also taken out which means the lyrics from the song “seven” were removed. For the end credits the song that plays is “Long Live” so it does get some redemption.

What everyone wanted to know was the surprise songs. If you don’t know every night on tour Swift would sing 2 songs one on guitar and one on Piano and no one knew what they were until they were sung. The concert was filmed over 3 days during her 5 day stay in LA. Meaning there were 6 surprise songs to choose from. Swift decided to include “Our Song” from Debut and “You’re on Your Own Kid” from her most recent album Midnights.

Reviews

Reviews can make or break a movie but for the Era’s Tour that’s a different story. Everyone loved the concert live and there was no critiques from anyone and same for the film. On opening night it was nothing but 5 star reviews. Even after opening weekend it still has a majority of 5 stars. The one star reviews are all from men that want to hate on Swift for no reason. We see beautiful editing and lighting and dancing but the reviews are upset that you get close ups of Swift singing. Which isn’t that what a concert is?

Overall the Eras Tour Film is a highly successful movie and will hold many records for a long time.

Brooke Johnson is a first year member and writer at the HerCampus Florida International Chapter. She is still figuring out what types of articles she wants to specialize in. Beyond HerCampus Brooke works part-time at TJMaxx. She has also submitted creative writing pieces to her high schools literary magazine but none of them were published. She also has a website with all her favorite creative writing pieces. She is majoring in English-Creative Writing at Florida International University. In her free time, Brooke loves to read and is starting to go to the gym. She also does Color Guard. She has been spinning for eight years both in marching band and winter guard. She is currently marching with the FIU panther band. Brooke loves listening to Taylor Swift and has extensive knowledge of her entire life.