This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

The beloved American sitcom, “The Office,” originally aired on TV screens in 2005. Since the show’s finale in 2013, fans have not forgotten about their favorite Dunder-Mifflin employees. 

Two former cast members, Jenna Fischer (Pam Beesly) and Angela Kinsey (Angela Martin), released a podcast called “Office Ladies” where they talk about everything from behind-the-scenes to production tidbits and exclusive on-set stories. 

(Source: Giphy)

The podcast premiered on Oct. 16 and starts with the pilot episode of “The Office.” Fischer and Kinsey banter on, like total real-life BFFs, about shooting the pilot episode, their first time on set, and first impressions of their co-stars.

(Source: Instagram: @officeladiespod)

Fischer and Kinsey announced the podcast in September 2019 through their several social media platforms. In the podcast, both admit that they have been dreaming to reunite for years and what better time than around the 15 year anniversary of the show. The idea sparked when Kinsey found “three Rubbermaid bins of photos” from their time on the show and made both her and Fischer nostalgic, Kinsey said. 

In the first episode, Fischer and Kinsey share the story of Angela’s cat party for Sprinkles. The scene where Jim (John Krasinski) and Pam are talking about Sprinkles’ birthday party was completely improvised. Angela had drawn a cat on a post-it note and wrote, “you’re invited to Sprinkles’ birthday in the parking lot,” and it inspired the scene and giggle shared between our favorite office romance. 

(Photo: Netflix) 

Another interesting tidbit was that of Michael Scott’s heroes. The four heroes, Bob Hope, Abraham Lincoln, Bono, and God was written in by Steve Carell, who plays the role of Michael. The shows adapter and producer, Greg Daniels, asked Carell to write the line himself and it made it into the pilot episode. 

Many more stories and facts like these are revealed in the podcast. Every week Fischer and Kinsey will re-watch an episode of “The Office,” in order, and tell us everything they remember from each episode. Fans can even send in questions and voice memos at officeladies@earwolf.com. Get ready for a trip down memory lane. 

You can now stream the “Office Ladies” podcast on Earwolf, Apple Podcast, Spotify, and Stitcher

(Source: Giphy)

Allison is currently a Broadcast Media major at Florida International University. Passionate about writing and reporting, Allison aspires to one day work in a newsroom. She hopes to share her love for music, movies, fashion, and all things pop culture through her writing.