This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Words are a powerful thing: they has the ability to shape one’s life in so many ways without realizing.Throughout the course of our lives, we stumble upon experiences that ultimately change our lives, even if we realize it or not. Through our challenges, successes, losses, gains, and more, it’s safe to say we have all acquired a bit of knowledge throughout our life.  Through the power of words, we encounter some words of wisdom that stick with us for future reference. Here are some lessons and advice that i I’ve learned that I’d personally like to call a note to self. 

Always treat people the way you want to be treated

Your potential is endless

You don’t need anyone’s confirmation but yours

Your feelings are valid

Know that you don’t have to justify decisions that make you happy

It’s okay to say no

No one is you & that’s your power

Invest your time in the right people

When you allow yourself to soley focus on the good; the good gets better

To be truly content with who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you

Luisa is a freshman at Florida International University majoring in Public Relations, Advertising, and Applied Communications. Not only does she love to write, but she enjoys a good aesthetic. She loves to travel, find cute spots in Miami (or elsewhere), take photos wherever she goes, and especially being Colombian, she loves to have her daily dose of coffee!