This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Taking a trip to Niagara Falls has been on my bucket list for a very long time. Famously known as one of the natural wonders of the world, the scenery will definitely take your breath away. Niagara Falls is formed by three waterfalls including: the Canadian Horseshoe Falls, the American Falls and the Bridal Veil Falls. Its appealing location divides Canada & the US, allowing beautiful views/attractions from both sides. Although there are many excursions to choose from, below I have referred to the top 3 rated activities by tourists.

Maid of the Mist Boat Tour

The sightseeing boat tour of the Falls is absolutely a must for the trip. This all-electric vessel allows passengers to enjoy different perspectives of all three falls. This tour costs about $25 per person and they even provide a poncho for you to wear on the boat! Maid of the Mist tour is only available in the US, however the Canada side has a similar experience called– Niagara City Cruises. I found it very interesting that to distinguish both excursions, the US passengers wear blue ponchos while in Canada they wear red ponchos. However, BOTH tours get extremely close to the mist. So no matter where you stand, be ready to get soaking wet!

Cave of The Winds Tour

After walking through Niagara Falls State Park and crossing over to Goat Island, you can find information on how to purchase tickets for this tour. The price is roughly $20 per person, but the experience is unbelievable. During this excursion, tourists are allowed to stand beneath the Bridal Veil Falls. The Bridal Veil Falls, also known as Luna Falls, is the smallest waterfall out of all three measuring about 180 ft. high. The tour is located in a cave (hence the name), letting you stand so close to the waterfall that you will also get soaking wet with this tour! (Ponchos Included).

Niagara Falls at Night

My last recommendation is to visit the Falls during night time. The state park has implemented colorful lights to reflect off the falls during the night. With a variety of colors ranging from yellow to pink and switching off every once in a while, this night time experience will leave you in awe. The mist of the falls creates a wonderful illusion for its audience and it’s FREE, so you definitely would not want to miss this!

Next time you are in need of a weekend getaway, or just want to visit an inspiring scenery, make sure to keep Niagara Falls in mind!

Travel Enthusiast & Marketing Major