This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

February is finally here, which means that it’s officially New York Fashion Week! Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the usually star-studded and iconic week is now condensed into four days, February 14th through the 18th, with designers showcasing virtual events to the public and live-streamed fashion shows. The bi-annual event starts this month’s debut with Women’s Fall/Winter 2021 collections and, in September, Spring collections for the subsequent year. Now that the traditional NYFW is a thing of the past, we can reminisce about some of the most buzzing and standout fashions worn by models and celebrities alike.

Naomi Campbell

Supermodel and mogul Naomi Campbell is still a force to be reckoned with in today’s industry. Her effortless stride, impeccable features, and ability to showcase her strength and personality while gracing the runway makes it all look so easy. The runway legend of Afro and Chinese-Jamaican descent has walked (and closed) dozens of shows and appeared on over five-hundred magazine covers. Let that sink in. One of her most memorable NYFW moments was gracing the main stage for Oscar de la Renta’s Fall/Winter show in 1999. The bombshell strutted wearing a rosy-red, mid-sleeved gown, outline with black fur and a chunky black and gold necklace and brooch perfectly centered on the designer’s dress.

Nicki Minaj

Known for her theatrical yet stylish costumes, colorful wigs, and overall unique fashions, hip-hop icon and Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj knows how to keep people talking. During September 2011’s NYFW, the decorative rapper and natural stunner entered the Carolina Herrera show wearing a colorful, handmade, multicolored pom-pom top and bright orange skirt with aqua blue details. She also attired neon green tights with neon pink socks and platform patterned burgundy and black bootie type shoes to perfectly combine with her two-toned high bun-bobbed blonde wig and makeup. And a bonus? Sitting front row next to fashion’s dearest and Editor in Chief of Vogue Magazine, Anna Wintour. When Nicki says “she’s sitting with Anna, she’s really sitting with Anna. It’s not a metaphor punchline. She’s really sitting with Anna!

Lady Gaga

The pop-icon made an appearance at designer and friend Brandon Maxwell’s September 2016 NYFW show to debut his Spring collection for the following year. She wore a more “street-style” look, opting for an all-black ensemble including all custom Brandon Maxwell pieces, including a blazer, paired crop top, high cut shorts, and sky-high boots, which also displayed her intricate body art. The “Born This Way” vocalist also emphasized her versatility in dressing, that not every outfit needs “shock value” to deem a classic. Her black lenses, raised ponytail, and minimal makeup highlighted her strong bone structure and attractive features. In true Gaga fashion, she nails it every time.

Giselle Bündchen 

The German-Brazilian born beauty and supermodel stunned during the Spring 2002 show for Oscar De La Renta. She sported a chest-hugging and defined black leather bandeau, printer-paper white exaggerated skirt. Her bouffant hair, slicked back to draw attention to the outfit’s Dalmatian-like contrast. A thin brow and minimalistic makeup except for dabble of ocean-blue under eye shadow in her crease and a light cotton-candied lip are what give off compelling simplicity. Gisele’s fierce facial expression is on point for what this collection piece’s vision conveyed.

Rihanna

At her Savage x Fenty Lingerie Show in September of 2019, Riri brought the house down. Posing on the “red carpet,” she showcased a bright look which included a single-sleeved, figure-hugging, sparkled icy blue, turtleneck dress, complemented with Noudar hoops, crystalized shades, and a Chopard diamond watch. She opted for matching heels for the finishing touches, strung just above the ankle with minute, decorative stars carefully designed throughout the shoe’s straps. To give this look even more of a “pop,” the enthralling and gorgeous “Diamonds” singer decided on a ruby red lip and nails to spotlight the diamonds dripped across her fingers. One thing about the “bad gal” is that she knows how to make a statement.