This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

As the new year approaches, it’s time to start setting your New Year’s resolutions! Maybe it’s possible you haven’t reached some of your 2017 goals, or even 2016 goals, and so on… but that’s okay! What matters is that for 2018 you let go of the past and focus on all that you HAVE accomplished. You’ll be surprised to see you’ve accomplished and overcome more than you thought. It’s also important to remember that real change does not happen over night. So don’t beat yourself up if you’re not a “new you” by January 2nd. A great way of improving is to be patient with yourself and to understand that a part of growing is failing. With that said here a few links that express the importance of staying positive, determined and having faith!

Helpful Links:

-Agape Stassinopoulos: “How to Wake Up the Joy in You” 

*This video helps with turning a stressful (or annoying) situation around* Click here to watch the video. 

-Agape Stassinopoulos:  Actress, Personal Development & Creativity Expert, Motivational Speaker

*This video helps when you feel like your goals keep getting harder and harder to achieve & how to change that feeling* Click here to watch the video. 

-Mimi Ikonn: How to be Happy 

*This video gives helpful tips on how to stay happy in life by meditating, staying grateful, & surrounding yourself with positive people* Click here to watch the video. 

Cheers to you & this new year!

– Claudia C.

Cover Photo Source