This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.
  1. “The Love Hypothesis” by Ali Hazelwood (Adult Romance)

Right off the bat our protagonist—Olive Smith—and love interest,—Adam Carlsen—get into a witty banter over expired contact lenses. Yes, this is random but it’s hilarious the more you read into it. They meet again a few years later after their first encounter when Olive, in a panic to prove she’s over the guy her best friend is dating, kisses Adam. To set the scene, Olive is a third-year Ph.D. student. As for Adam Carlsen, he is a cold-hearted, hotshot professor in Olive’s science department.

Was this a Reylo fanfic? Yes. Does this have fake dating, a slow-burn romance, and will make you laugh at times? Also yes.

1. “She Gets the Girl” by Alyson Derrick and Rachael Lippincott (New Adult Romance)

You’ll be following Alex Blackwood, a chronically flirtatious and broke college student, alongside Molly Parker, an English major with a massive crush and zero social skills. Alex is trying to prove to her girlfriend she can be selfless and loyal to their relationship. When she finds out Molly is struggling to make a move on her crush, she makes a deal: if Alex becomes Molly’s wing-woman, she can prove her ex wrong and save their relationship. Then again, she didn’t leave the greatest first impression on Molly.

This hate-to-love story was inspired by the author’s own love story and is perfect for those looking for a witty romance set in college. And if you’re like Molly, you can learn a thing or two from Alex.

1. “Crier’s War” by Nina Varel Deonn (Sci-Fi Fantasy)

Ayla, a human servant, wants nothing more but to avenge the death of her family by killing the Sovereign’s daughter, Lady Crier. Crier is basically a robot princess made to take her father’s place as the ruler of their land. When Ayla saves her from a near-death experience, she becomes her personal maid. As Ayla plans Lady Crier’s assassination, Crier is doing everything she can to bridge the divide between humans and those like her. 

There are two kinds of people in this book: those who were born (humans) and those who were Made (robots). This may scream Sci-Fi, but I can assure you this is simply an enemies-to-lovers political fantasy. Out of all the fantasies, I’ve read, this one is by far the easiest to follow and get hooked on.

I'm a writer at HerCampus and a student at FIU majoring in marketing. When I’m not writing, I'm catching up with the latest pop culture news or going through my TBR (to-be-read) list :)