BTC MAIN?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
BTC MAIN?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media
Life > Academics

Must have Back to School Favorites

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

The fall semester has just begun and as we return to campus, we’re all probably reminiscing on those Summer days. Attending class might not be everyone’s idea of fun but there are other events and opportunities to look forward to throughout the semester. For some, that may include dorm or apartment shopping and preparing to start sorority recruitment. Nonetheless, for those unsure of what’s in store this new school year, start with setting an ideal back-to-school list for yourself — whether it be academic, personal, or social.

You can use this opportunity to discover the latest college essentials that might make this semester a little more bearable. Having said that, below are a few back-to-school finds to assist you in staying motivated.

start using a planner to write down any daily TO-DO LISTS

Starting off with the first item on the list is a planner or agenda. Being able to stay organized isn’t always easy. Fortunately, academic planners are convenient for reminding yourself of assignment due dates, off-campus plans, work tasks, or health appointments. Though typing homework reminders on your iPhone or iPad can be beneficial in the short term, physically writing down information can assist in retaining those minor details better.

Asten To Do List Notebook

Stay hydrateD WHEN WALKING AROUND CAMPUS

Walking from class to class can get tiring at times, especially living somewhere with extremely hot weather. Staying hydrated throughout the day is key when sitting through those long lecture classes or studying in the library. Not only is drinking enough water beneficial to overall health but it also improves focus. In using a reusable bottle, there’s no doubt that your water will maintain a cool and refreshing temperature 24/7.

YETI Rambler 18 oz Bottle

Incorporate different colored highlighters and pens

Although many students prefer to write class notes on their laptops or iPads, professors always prefer the traditional pen and paper method, especially for assignments. Multicolor pens and highlighters are so versatile when it comes to taking notes. Color coordinating with colored pens and highlighters can also be helpful when learning new topics or terms and to differentiate between lessons.

G2 Premium Gel Pens

say goodbye to notebooks and hello to the Rocketbook

Having a notebook or two is typically always essential for any student. But the downside of notebooks is that they’re not durable. Pages are guaranteed to accidentally rip out or the notebook could fall apart. Once all the pages run out, it’s time to buy a new one. However, the new smart book — Rocketbook, allows students to write notes as they usually would but can later delete them and use them for something else. Rocketbook also offers a feature that lets the user upload their notes to the Rocketbook app for future reference. Whenever you need to access your notes again, Rocketbook will have them saved for you via the app.

Rocketbook Smart Reusable Notebook

use Clear sticky notes to help with annotations

Those who rent textbooks on campus or from the library know that any form of writing on those used books is a no-no. Luckily, there’s one way to go about this and that’s using transparent sticky notes. These clear sticky notes are great for referencing any annotations you want to write in the book but can’t.

Viddett 2nd Gen Transluscent Sticky Notes

Any one of these essentials can be your go-to tool during all those late nights of studying and finishing projects. It’s all about what works best for you; here’s to a semester full of positive energy only!

Samantha joined Her Campus in January 2022 and has continued as a writer. Based in Miami, Florida and is currently a Public Relations student at Florida International University. Favorite pastimes range from art and writing to music and traveling. Enjoys watching movies, going out, and watching sports games.