ferdinand stohr NFs6dRTBgaM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ferdinand stohr NFs6dRTBgaM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

The annual Time 100 list is finally out! From new comers, Chrissy Teigen and Rami Malek, to old returners like Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift. As well as, controversial public figures like Donald Trump and Brett Kavanaugh. The list comes out every year and is focused on anyone who has impacted society. It does not matter if these impact was beneficial for society or detrimental to the world. It is anyone who has made news in the recent year, that has affected the world in a bigger picture.

Staff writers at Time Magazine send in their nominations. Those nominations are then finalized by the editors of the company. The editors then compile the public figures and categorize them into five groups: Pioneers, Artists, Leaders, Icons, and Titans. The last step in the process is having another public figure to write a short-excerpt on the nominated figure. In the excerpt, they explain the power the specific individual has had in the world. Usually these excerpt are written by someone close with the nominee. They write about all the accomplishments the nominee has achieved but also discuss some personal matters. These 100 individuals have truly impacted the world, for the better and for the worse. They stood out from the rest of the crowd and has influenced a majority of people in the world.

Check Out the List:

http://time.com/collection/100-most-influential-people-2019/

Hi! My name is Sonya Islam. I am currently studying International Business at Florida International University. Some of my favorite things to do is constantly read up on pop culture, keep up with politics, and watching tv to relax. Those are actually some of my passions and hopefully, that passion is translated into the articles I write.