Morning Routine Tips You Should Know About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

I never realized how important a morning routine actually was until I found myself getting tired of rolling out of bed every morning with minimal energy to get me through the day. As Drew Canole says, “How you start your day is how you start your life”.  Creating a proactive morning routine will increase your mental and physical health and have you feeling your best self.

The early bird gets the worm! Stop hitting that snooze alarm in the morning. Sleep drunkenness, as neurologists like to call oversleeping, only causes you to be more sluggish in the morning. This doesn’t help much as most of us find ourselves chasing the hours we spent sleeping instead of being productive. I know many of us consider ourselves to be “night owls” but the first step to creating a successful morning routine is to break the habit of sleeping after hours. Your body will thank you in the morning.

Energize yourself. How often do you find yourself grabbing the first thing you lay your hands on from your kitchen pantry as you run out the door? Don’t forget breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Give yourself the time to be mindful of your meals. Be present as you consume your energy to conquer the day. Whether it’s a nice hot coffee or going out for quick run, take the time to give yourself the boost of energy you need to get you through the day.

Meditate: Refrain from social media in the mornings. I was guilty myself of laying in bed scrolling through my feeds before I started my day. But in reality this is time wasted that you could have to focus on your well-being. You’re going to spend hours on social media throughout your day anyways, so why not pick up that phone after you’ve completed your meditation session? Many can find peaceful meditation through taking a few minutes to read, stretch or perform breathing exercises. Whatever the case may be, find your niche to get you focused on the present time allow those good vibes to flow.

Plan your day: Don’t drive yourself crazy creating a mental note of everything you have to tackle today, try writing down a list! This method brings a peace of mind knowing you have something concrete to look back to. This way you wont forget a thing and feel more productive as you scratch of each completed task throughout the day. Invest in a planner of your liking to motivate you to keep tabs on things you need to get done in a timely manner.  

Beautify. Tired of not looking your best self because time wouldn’t allow you to? Make it a priority to give yourself the amount of time needed to pamper yourself in the mornings. Try a morning facemask to refresh and awaken your skin. Take time to plan your outfits, do your hair and makeup as you please. Take care of your appearance, not for others but for yourself. When you look your best, you perform your best.

However you may tweak your morning routine, just make it an initiative to have one! Mornings set the tone for they day you’ll be having. Switch things up and see how successful you’ll become in being the best you’ve ever been. 

Xoxo,

Natty Maldonado

cover photo: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/323696291951753645/?conversation_id=