etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Providing you news stories that will lift up your day, is my main goal with blogging about all of the good news that is happening around our world. I thought about bringing back the “good news” series because I feel like more than any time, right now the world needs a “pick me up.” There is never not a good time for good news! I cant wait to share with you the stories I have found this week.

Positive Schools, Positive Lives:

Mary Moore Elementary School made it their mission to create a happy, loving, and inspiring environment to learn and teach. It all started when a group of parents and students came together with an idea of painting all of the stalls in the bathrooms black, so that they can paint inspiring quotes all over them. The bathrooms are covered with quotes like “she believed she could so she did,” and “ kindness changes everything.”

To create a happier environment the principle Tyson Jones gave all of his teachers the book “The Happiness Development” by Shawn Anchor, so they could all come together and discuss the book in their next staff meeting.

The positivity just kept trickling because other students from the elementary school began implementing new traditions like “ Random Act of Kindness week” and “Positivity Rocks”, where second graders paint kind words on rocks and hide them all over the school for others to find.

Jones states how much the children have really loved the bathrooms and the whole new environment that the school carries.

You can find the pictures of the bathrooms and read more here: https://www.today.com/parents/parents-paint-school-bathrooms-help-kids-look-joy-t124025

The Basketball Heros:

Brothers Drew Timme, Walker Timme, and their friends Bryce Johnson, and Will Newberry were walking home after their victory in a high school basketball game. All of a sudden they noticed smoke in the streets coming from a house. The boys said it was just common sense for them to go in and try to help anyone who was inside.

They noticed a child walking around in the house, not really aware of what was going on. As they were attempting to get him out they woke up the mother who was sleeping.

Once the family was across the street, the boys went back to the house to help the dad get out as he was trying to put out the fire himself in the backyard with a garden hose.

Will stated that they were just doing the right thing, and that he hopes we all would do this for our neighbors and our communities.

To read more about the heroic young men you can go here: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-news/texas-high-school-students-save-family-from-house-fire-it-was-instinct/ar-BBJLD8k

I hope these stories have reminded you just how great the world and people can be.