freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and Miami is full of activities to celebrate. Whether you are looking to have a romantic night out with your partner, looking to meet people or have a Galentine’s Day with the sisters that life gave you, Her Campus FIU has got you covered.

1. Dinner

source

A lot of restaurants in Miami are having a special Menu dedicated to this day and some even have it for the whole weekend. Open Table is a site that organizes restaurants by region, cuisine and rating and table category. Click on the link above and browse around Miami’s immense variety of restaurants.

2. Couples Cooking Class

source

On Wednesday, February 7, 2018, RA Sushi Bar Restaurant is hosting what they are calling Roll of Attraction: An Aphrodisiac Sushi Rolling Class”. Tickets are limited and vary from $40 to $45. The price is a little steep for college students but its very well worth it to “heat things up with your soulmate” and learn about aphrodisiac ingredients as you sip on sake and sparkling rose.

3. Galentine’s

source

On February 1rst, 2018 from 7pm to 930pm there will be a female co-working space. It will be sponsored by Lavelier at AWOM Lab and hosted by Andrea Cespedes. “Wipe It Off” will be a girl talk about self-love. It is in Dania Beach, 25 minutes from the Biscayne Campus, and 42 from MMC. Yes, we know, it’s a little far. However, a safe place and a good talk seem totally worth it. Go by with your girls and give yourselves some self-love.  

4. Singles Bar Crawl

source

If your goal this Valentines is to celebrate your singledom, a Bar Crawl might be exactly what you’re looking for. Miami is full of events like these, it’s just a matter of finding the right one for you. On February 10, 2018, there will be a Mardi Gras themed Brawl Crawl in Brickell, it includes seven free drinks at six different bars! The same day El Patio will be hosting a Bar Crawl with the Stupid Cupid theme. Last but not least Miami Bar Crawls is hosting a Wynwood Bar Crawl Singles Edition! So call your friends and get your drink on this Valentines Weekend.

5. Craft Beer Festival

source

Although this isn’t necessarily Valentine’s Day themed, it is going to be held on February 10, 2018, and it’s organized by FIU Staff members, as well as the Miami Brewers Alliance. The event will be held at the Riccardo Silva Stadium, right at our MMC Campus from 5 pm to 10 pm.  Prices are $30 online, $35 at the door. Go by and Enjoy local craft beers!

Miami is always full of events for every occasion and every kind of person. Whether you need a little self-love, a one on one with someone special or a night out with the girls you can certainly find something to do in this city. If you just want a chill night in, get yourself some champagne, a good movie, some chocolate and your loved ones. Remember, this is what this day is about, love, love love. So if you do anything this day at all, make sure it is showing the ones you love exactly that.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Ms. Torres is a Creative Writing Mayor at Florida International University, she previously attended the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus. She not only speaks English but Spanish as well, and is currently learning French. Other than writing articles for Her Campus FIU (and previously HC UPR), Veronica has been published by a newspaper in Puerto Rico called "Claridad".