This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

As 2020 nears a close, we can start to feel loneliness and sadness creep in during the holidays while being far away from loved ones. This pandemic truly turned the world upside down however, time keeps going with no apology. Which means that as time goes on life goes on as well, no one said it better than the biggest K-pop group in the world, BTS. The K-pop sensations released their new single titled “Life Goes On,” on November 19th, 2020 and since then they have been breaking records and changing lives with their music. Their latest album called “BE” was released on November 20th, 2020 and contains 8 tracks including their hit single “Dynamite.” 

From the album art to the concept photos we can tell that BTS is taking on an elegant theme with their music. Their songs have always expressed messages of hope and happiness but with this album they wanted to share a balance of real emotions like depression and loneliness. In their new song they speak about the way the pandemic made them feel down but they knew that eventually this time will pass. 

It is important for everyone during this time to remain strong and hopeful for the future. BTS not only wants their “Army” (fans) to know this but for everyone to receive this message. Despite the distance, BTS always manages to stay connected with their “Army” on “Weverse” but they are looking forward to meeting them in person soon. 

During this time, BTS have been in quarantine together and have been working on their music. In the “Life Goes On” music video, clips of the band relaxing in pajamas while on the couch are shown. As well as, a heartfelt ending clip of the group singing together in an empty arena with “Army bomb” lights glistening every seat where their fans were supposed to be. 

BTS always want to show their love and gratitude to their fans through their music .Since the fans couldn’t get a chance to see “Life Goes On” performed live the band decided to make an “Army” music video which will feature video clips of army vibing to the new single.

The K-pop sensations have already performed on many stages like Good Morning America, The Late Late Show with James Corden and The American Music Awards. The band has definitely received a whole lot of attention this year, their single called “Dynamite” made it to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for 2 straight weeks. There has also been recent news about BTS being nominated for a Grammy, this news is huge especially for a K-pop group. Once again, BTS remains breaking the records and paving the way for the K-pop music genre in the Western world. I honestly won’t be surprised if they win a Grammy this year, it seems that 2020 may just be the year BTS steals the show in the music industry and attains groundbreaking titles as a foreign music artist. 

If there is anything I want people to take away from this article and from BTS’ message it’s that hardships don’t last forever. During this time you will discover who is really there for you and who you truly are inside, hold onto those things. Know that life goes on and that you will come out on the other side so much stronger and wiser than before. Just look at how BTS are persevering during this difficult time, let’s look forward to the future and remember that life goes on. 

Hi, I'm Katherine. I am inspired by the arts, adore Asian culture, am a huge animal lover and enjoy writing. I hope my creative works bring enlightenment to the readers of Her Campus. Let the good times roll!